PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Decided to join the community after perusing the forums anonymously for a while. I'm actually quite new to pipe smoking, at about 4 months in. I had smoked cigarettes for about 12 years and decided I wanted to quit. Needless to say I'm happy with the switch.

I have quite a few cobs and a couple Ropp briars. I also just got a Peterson last week.

As far as what I like to smoke, I would have to say I like more virginia forward blends. Luxury bullseye flake and luxury navy flake by Peter Stokkebye for example. Any recommendations are welcome.

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
Welcome from another Missourian. If you're in the greater St. Louis area go see Larry at John Dengler Tobacconist in St. Charles; he's given me good suggestions.

Reactions: maulragoth

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Welcome from Knik River, Alaska!!! If you like those, get some Peterson Navy Rolls and MacBaren HH Pure Virginia. Or if you want to stick with Bulks, Newminster 400 and Sutliff Match Victorian.

E62B8F84-5141-4BB8-B5DE-840413B9ABDB.jpeg

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Welcome from Knik River, Alaska!!! If you like those, get some Peterson Navy Rolls and MacBaren HH Pure Virginia. Or if you want to stick with Bulks, Newminster 400 and Sutliff Match Victorian.

View attachment 22475
I just finished a tin of HH pure Virginia. I'll keep the Peterson in mind. I also picked up a tin of Capstan blue and OGS. The Newminster 400 was my first flake and I like it as well.

Reactions: maulragoth and dcon

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I just finished a tin of HH pure Virginia. I'll keep the Peterson in mind. I also picked up a tin of Capstan blue and OGS. The Newminster 400 was my first flake and I like it as well.
You’re well on your way to the good stuff with those! Don’t sleep on that Sutliff Match Victorian either, one of the best va/pers out there at an absolute bargain price ($2.50/oz).

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Welcome and congrats on making the switch to pipes. Many of us did the same, myself included. Amphora Virginia is very nice, worth a try and easy to find. I'd recommend trying the Amphora Burley as well if you haven't found a Burley you like yet.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Welcome and congrats on making the switch to pipes. Many of us did the same, myself included. Amphora Virginia is very nice, worth a try and easy to find. I'd recommend trying the Amphora Burley as well if you haven't found a Burley you like yet.
I usually smoke amphora Virginia at work. I'll keep the burley in mind as well. I was smoking Five Brothers and Prince Albert.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
coming to', welcome from central N.C. My wife and I met at University of Missouri at Columbia in our teens. She grew up in rural Missouri near the Iowa line and the Mississippi, and I grew up in Chicagoland. She spent her adult career in NYC and on Long Island, and I landed here in N.C. When I was a widower, we married in our sixties. So the Missouri roots go deep. Her family is still there, still farms, runs cattle. I have a Ropp, a number of Petersons, etc. I like LNF and Bullseye coin, but do a lot of burley.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
coming to', welcome from central N.C. My wife and I met at University of Missouri at Columbia in our teens. She grew up in rural Missouri near the Iowa line and the Mississippi, and I grew up in Chicagoland. She spent her adult career in NYC and on Long Island, and I landed here in N.C. When I was a widower, we married in our sixties. So the Missouri roots go deep. Her family is still there, still farms, runs cattle. I have a Ropp, a number of Petersons, etc. I like LNF and Bullseye coin, but do a lot of burley.
I am actually originally from Indiana, but I moved down here in late 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.