PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas Wynn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 19, 2019
NW Arkansas
Decided to join the community after perusing the forums anonymously for a while. I'm actually quite new to pipe smoking, at about 4 months in. I had smoked cigarettes for about 12 years and decided I wanted to quit. Needless to say I'm happy with the switch.

I have quite a few cobs and a couple Ropp briars. I also just got a Peterson last week.

As far as what I like to smoke, I would have to say I like more virginia forward blends. Luxury bullseye flake and luxury navy flake by Peter Stokkebye for example. Any recommendations are welcome.
Welcome from Arkansas. I can't recommend finding some Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake aged at least 5 years. I would also encourage you to venture into orientals and then on to Burley blends before exploring the more robust varietals. Happy piping

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin, Texas.

An economical. neutral Oriental smoke is Daughters & Ryan's Ramback Balkan.

It ain't fancy. It's a good "I don't know what to smoke right now." blend.

It will also help you discipline your cadence, if that's an issue, as the stuff is very dry.

If you're liking the Bullseye and Navy Flakes, give Comoy's Cask #4 a whirl.

1584579418816.jpeg

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Hello from Austin, Texas.

An economical. neutral Oriental smoke is Daughters & Ryan's Ramback Balkan.

It ain't fancy. It's a good "I don't know what to smoke right now." blend.

It will also help you discipline your cadence, if that's an issue, as the stuff is very dry.

If you're liking the Bullseye and Navy Flakes, give Comoy's Cask #4 a whirl.

View attachment 23072
I actually just ordered 4oz each of the comoy's flakes. Thanks for the recommendation. I am working on my cadence, coming from cigarettes it was an issue for me. I'm starting to slow down more, and trying to get breath smoking down as well.

Reactions: bnichols23

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Decided to join the community after perusing the forums anonymously for a while. I'm actually quite new to pipe smoking, at about 4 months in. I had smoked cigarettes for about 12 years and decided I wanted to quit. Needless to say I'm happy with the switch.

I have quite a few cobs and a couple Ropp briars. I also just got a Peterson last week.

As far as what I like to smoke, I would have to say I like more virginia forward blends. Luxury bullseye flake and luxury navy flake by Peter Stokkebye for example. Any recommendations are welcome.
G'day and welcome from Oz.

I'm delighted that I was able to make the switch to a pipe from a 40-a-day cig habit.
Now I smoke for enjoyment rather than addiction.

"Any recommendations are welcome." Uh oh, now you've done it. :eek:

PS LNF & LBF are a great smoke.
Orlik Golden Sliced is very popular for good reason.
MacBaren Virgina #1 is very good as is Former's Birds Eye Flake.

Reactions: bnichols23

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont

Howdy & welcome, friend! Upstate SC here. & Very happy to have you with us & no longer a lurker! Jump right it; we always love opinions, whether they agree with our preconceiveds or don't!

Bill

Smoked69

Lurker
Mar 9, 2020
Welcome from North Texas. I usually have 5-6 blends I work on but mt daily go to is C&D Black Frigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.