Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone!
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I'm from Louisville, KY.
I'm a fairly new pipe smoker: started beginning of 2020 with some MM corn cob pipes and some Country Squire Rivendell. Probably like a lot of people, my influences that led me to piping include:
-My granddaddy was always smoking a pipe with Sir Walter Raleigh
-I was a huge fan of the works of Tolkien growing up, including the amazing 1977 Rankin/Bass cartoon and the Peter Jackson LOTR movies (for the love of all that is holy, please don't mention the Hobbit "trilogy" ?)
-I happened upon Muttonchop Piper's channel
-I stumbled upon Country Squire Radio soon after and I was hooked
I'm slowly working my way from aros into VAs, VaPers and English blends. Still sticking with corn cobs for the foreseeable future. I'm more in it for trying the different baccys, and know you have to devote briars to specific blends or blend types. I want to find out what I like best and there are just SO MANY delicious things to try. Less $ spent on pipes = More baccy $
Your intro story is one I've heard before. Welcome to the forum!

Ask any questions you like, and enjoy your stay!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hey everyone!
I'm from Louisville, KY.
I'm a fairly new pipe smoker: started beginning of 2020 with some MM corn cob pipes and some Country Squire Rivendell. Probably like a lot of people, my influences that led me to piping include:
Wow how old is your granddaddy considering Sir Walter Raleigh died a long time ago, in fact wikipedia says he died oct 29th 1618 which is a long time ago.
Oh by the way you don't have to dedicate pipes to blends or styles of tobacco. The thing is that's one of those choices that you can make to either increase your enjoyment or overly complicate things.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Not even close. Working on employment first, actually coming to town in two weeks for a big time second interview and it's looking good. Acreage in the country, walking everywhere in the Highlands, suburban life in St. Mathews - it's all on the table.
Yep there's a little bit of everything. Any questions feel free...

Reactions: Brewfan

Ksigel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2021
Connecticut
Hey everyone!
I'm from Louisville, KY.
-I was a huge fan of the works of Tolkien growing up, including the amazing 1977 Rankin/Bass cartoon and the Peter Jackson LOTR movies (for the love of all that is holy, please don't mention the Hobbit "trilogy" ?)
-I happened upon Muttonchop Piper's channel
-I stumbled upon Country Squire Radio soon after and I was hooked
I'm slowly working my way from aros into VAs, VaPers and English blends. Still sticking with corn cobs for the foreseeable future. I'm more in it for trying the different baccys, and know you have to devote briars to specific blends or blend types. I want to find out what I like best and there are just SO MANY delicious things to try. Less $ spent on pipes = More baccy $
Welcome from snowed in Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.