PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2021
Louisville, KY
Hey everyone!
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I'm from Louisville, KY.
I'm a fairly new pipe smoker: started beginning of 2020 with some MM corn cob pipes and some Country Squire Rivendell. Probably like a lot of people, my influences that led me to piping include:
-My granddaddy was always smoking a pipe with Sir Walter Raleigh
-I was a huge fan of the works of Tolkien growing up, including the amazing 1977 Rankin/Bass cartoon and the Peter Jackson LOTR movies (for the love of all that is holy, please don't mention the Hobbit "trilogy" ?)
-I happened upon Muttonchop Piper's channel
-I stumbled upon Country Squire Radio soon after and I was hooked
I'm slowly working my way from aros into VAs, VaPers and English blends. Still sticking with corn cobs for the foreseeable future. I'm more in it for trying the different baccys, and know you have to devote briars to specific blends or blend types. I want to find out what I like best and there are just SO MANY delicious things to try. Less $ spent on pipes = More baccy $

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. Chris (muttnchop) and his channel's information was my springboard as well. Yep, less spent on pipes does equate to more spent on leaf. I'm of the same mindset for sure. Even with the omnipresent attack on pipe tobacco factored in...lots and lots of great blends out there to try, and never again to be this affordable.

Enjoy the journey!

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Hey everyone!
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I'm from Louisville, KY.
I'm a fairly new pipe smoker: started beginning of 2020 with some MM corn cob pipes and some Country Squire Rivendell. Probably like a lot of people, my influences that led me to piping include:
-My granddaddy was always smoking a pipe with Sir Walter Raleigh
-I was a huge fan of the works of Tolkien growing up, including the amazing 1977 Rankin/Bass cartoon and the Peter Jackson LOTR movies (for the love of all that is holy, please don't mention the Hobbit "trilogy" ?)
-I happened upon Muttonchop Piper's channel
-I stumbled upon Country Squire Radio soon after and I was hooked
I'm slowly working my way from aros into VAs, VaPers and English blends. Still sticking with corn cobs for the foreseeable future. I'm more in it for trying the different baccys, and know you have to devote briars to specific blends or blend types. I want to find out what I like best and there are just SO MANY delicious things to try. Less $ spent on pipes = More baccy $
Been by Kremers on a Saturday afternoon?

Brewfan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 5, 2021
Louisville, KY, USA
Welcome from Nevada! I am absolutely in love with Louisville since attending grad school at UofL, I'm actually working towards moving there. I can taste the fried chicken at the Eagle now...

Reactions: bluegrassbrian
Status
Not open for further replies.