Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Howdy and welcome aboard from Ohio, USA

One of my best friends was Lebanese. He & his family owned a restaurant. He helped me fall in love with Mediterranean food & I thought him how to smoke a pipe and ride a motorcycle. Good times.

If & when I use a filter, I change it after the second pipe. They are not necessary to smoking.

For keeping the pipe lit, try drying the tobacco a bit. Captain Black is a moist aromatic tobacco.

Good luck and happy smokes. Hope to see you around.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. There's a Lebanese family in our mid-size Southeastern city that started a restaurant that became a chain. They became so successful, our state history museum located here had a video about the family and their history they ran for a year or so. I greatly enjoy their Lebanese food and baked goods. If you take their baked goods across the state to give to a friend, they immediately recognize the package and the food. The name of the restaurant is Neomonde.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Hi everyone my name is Elie Khoury I'm from Beirut, Lebanon and I just started smoking the pipe, as of today and felt the need to share to you my experience with it.

So far the feeling is a bit weird as I was a heavy cigarettes smoker, with pipes it just wasn't channelling the aroma as a normal cigarette would do but it had a lot of charm and changed the image from just holding a cigarette Bud to holding a respectable item smoked by legends through out history...

As a new practitioner of the pipes should you guys have any pointers for me to follow, it's greatly appreciated, I learned how to clean them, how to light them and how to maintain the taste with or without the use of beverages to sweeten the feeling of tongue with the various tabbaco out there?

My concerns are the filters do we change them after 5 puffs or less?

While lighting the pipe noticed if you light it for the first time once the tabbaco takes fire you wait until it turn off and use the tools to push it back a bit only to light it again and enjoy a 15-20minutes time with the pipe without it being turned of again.

Also tilting the pipe twords the ground more often when smoking it allows it to take more O2 as you inhale and thus keeping lit that is if you have the curved pipes as Sherlock Holmes used to use!

i am using captain black tabbaco, getting used to it...

should there be other pointers for me to know kindly do share as I'm still a new practitioner in the vast world of pipes?
Welcome! I’m new here too. Great group of people.

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
Hi and welcome from Florida USA. When I use a filter I get two bowls out of it. I'm sure some people do but most don't inhale a pipe like a cigarette. You'll still get the nicotine from mouth contact to pipe puffing. I like captain Black and a LOT of other tobaccos.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Shu ya habibi.

A few thoughts:
  • You don't need to smoke the pipe all the way to the bottom (and actually probably shouldn't). Smoke it until you don't enjoy it anymore then dump the rest.
  • Don't smoke too fast. Take slow sips rather than many big puffs. Smoking fast will cause a lot of heat and burn your tongue (this is often called tongue bite).
  • Don't worry about having to relight the pipe from smoking slow. It takes a while to get a feel for the right pace.

Last edited:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. There's a Lebanese family in our mid-size Southeastern city that started a restaurant that became a chain. They became so successful, our state history museum located here had a video about the family and their history they ran for a year or so. I greatly enjoy their Lebanese food and baked goods. If you take their baked goods across the state to give to a friend, they immediately recognize the package and the food. The name of the restaurant is Neomonde.
the last line I swear I read in the Paul Harvey voice.... Hadn't thought about that guy in years either.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hi and welcome from Florida USA. When I use a filter I get two bowls out of it. I'm sure some people do but most don't inhale a pipe like a cigarette. You'll still get the nicotine from mouth contact to pipe puffing. I like captain Black and a LOT of other tobaccos.
Other thing you get about the same nic from mouth and lungs just takes longer to get into the blood stream. That's the biggest difference. Which is also a big part of what makes a pipe relaxing your body reacts differently to nicotine when it is introduced slowly same with other things like alcohol. Why doing shots makes people crazy but sipping on drinks lends it's self to a mellow evening even if the same amount is consumed at the end of the night.

• Love
Reactions: macaroni and clynch
Status
Not open for further replies.