PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidlandsPiper

Lurker
May 20, 2021
I'm in Chesterfield, whereabouts are you?
I remember going to see the Sealed Knot at Bolsover Castle and it was far too windy ?️ to light my clay pipe!
Marmite town. Raining n all now. Good day for indoor smoking

You know I never been to Bolsover, I must go sometime

Reactions: weezell

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Marmite town. Raining n all now. Good day for indoor smoking
@MidlandsPiper Burton on Trent?
The whole place always stinks of beer!
Maybe we could meet up after the pandemic is over - somewhere like Chesterfield, Derby, Repton or Alrewas would be a good place for a few beers and bowls.
I remember my Dad says Marmite tankers should carry Hazchem symbols, I also remember Eddie Stobart lorries bringing empty beer cans from the factory in Carlisle to the brewery in Burton, their warehouse was full of them!
I like the Viking ship in Burton river gardens and the swan planter at Stapenhill as well.
I am a big fan of real ale as well, my favourite is Black Sheep ?.
Would like to learn to sword fight as well once the pandemic is over.

MidlandsPiper

Lurker
May 20, 2021
@MidlandsPiper Burton on Trent?
The whole place always stinks of beer!
Maybe we could meet up after the pandemic is over - somewhere like Chesterfield, Derby, Repton or Alrewas would be a good place for a few beers and bowls.
I remember my Dad says Marmite tankers should carry Hazchem symbols, I also remember Eddie Stobart lorries bringing empty beer cans from the factory in Carlisle to the brewery in Burton, their warehouse was full of them!
I like the Viking ship in Burton river gardens and the swan planter at Stapenhill as well.
I am a big fan of real ale as well, my favourite is Black Sheep ?.
Would like to learn to sword fight as well once the pandemic is over.
You’ve got it. It smells beautiful, sometimes you can smell the marmite as well.
Yeah deffo sounds good. Ha! Outrageous, marmite is an elixir from the gods. I never seen the Viking ship?? Tutbury castle’s good but expensive to get in.
I’m afraid I haven’t got a stomach for ale/beer/larger (nor do I know the difference) except for Pedigree of course. Beautiful stuff
I don’t know about sword fighting but I’m sure there used to be an archery club nearabouts some years ago

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Churchwardens are wonderful pipes, for relaxing in an armchair. Don't try to walk about since they tend to snag on woodwork or furniture. I have two, and one or two other long-stemmed pipes as well. For the rest of your rotation of pipes, I'd go with standard length pipes from any of the reputable brands -- Sevinelli, Peterson, Parker, Stanwell and so on. Welcome aboard.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Churchwardens are wonderful pipes, for relaxing in an armchair. Don't try to walk about since they tend to snag on woodwork or furniture. I have two, and one or two other long-stemmed pipes as well. For the rest of your rotation of pipes, I'd go with standard length pipes from any of the reputable brands -- Sevinelli, Peterson, Parker, Stanwell and so on. Welcome aboard.
never had that problem with churchwardens. I find them great strolling pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.