PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
Greetings from Texas. View attachment 58513
For about a year (2017-2018) we were commuting between Ft Worth and Long Beach every week. I swear I could not find a place that sold real pipe tobacco (not counting the convenience stores that sold giant $3 bags of floor sweepings) and I walked the whole city. The only place that was close was a cigar store on Broadway if I recall correctly, but she only had two tins. I made sure to bring enough with me from Texas after that.
I hope you are able to locate a tobacconist somewhere.
Thank you!

Prunetucky84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2020
Clovis, CA
Hows it going guys?! My name is Jimmy and I'm a new member and wanted to give you all my intro hello.

45 year old stepping out of cigars and into the pipe realm after 15 years of stogies. Hope to learn and enjoy some good convo on here.
Welcome Jimmy, from Fresno, California!

Reactions: eljimmy

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Always nice to welcome a new member.

Then last time I was in LA was when we surprised my friend, a big LA Kings fan, with a trip down there, maybe in 2007? I couldn't believe how cheap the beer and seats were.
The prices reflected how the Kings played hockey at that time (poorly). After they won the cup, they increased greatly. After they won the 2nd cup, they skyrocketed. Now I watch at home for free! Beer and pipe within reach, of course...

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The prices reflected how the Kings played hockey at that time (poorly). After they won the cup, they increased greatly. After they won the 2nd cup, they skyrocketed. Now I watch at home for free! Beer and pipe within reach, of course...

We sat three rows up from the visitors bench. Seats were *maybe* $50 each. Beer was like $5 I think? We flew from Buffalo with a connection for like $200 each. Good times.

Stayed in an absolute DIVE but that is a tale for another thread.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
We sat three rows up from the visitors bench. Seats were *maybe* $50 each. Beer was like $5 I think? We flew from Buffalo with a connection for like $200 each. Good times.

Stayed in an absolute DIVE but that is a tale for another thread.
Wow, that was an absolute STEAL! On both the seats and the brews. More reminiscent of the prices when they played at the Forum, in fact. Speaking of which, whatever happened to the old Maple Leaf Gardens? To this day, I still see Doug Gilmour in my nightmares. :LOL:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Welcome from the Center Of The Known Universe.

Burbank.

LA is pretty much a tobacco desert. Besides the few stores mentioned there's Liberty Tobacco in San Diego. To the small extent that I'm still buying, I use online stores and a few B&M's that carry the blends I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.