PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
There was a post recently that questioned the quality of service from smokingpipes.com. In fairness to them I just had a delivery problem with UPS (not unusual)of a smokingpipes order. Being too lazy to actually make the delivery, a substitute driver left the order with a neighbor. This happens to be a hostile neighbor, for reasons too complex to explain. I asked smokingpipes to make an insurance claim for me because I did not get the package as scheduled. Their rep, Mark Pluta, immediately took action on this. I was surprised at how speedy and efficient his actions were. It never took him more than 5-10 minutes to answer my emails. The missing package mysteriously appeared on my doorstep very quickly, the same day. I think smokingpipes and Mark should be publicly thanked for their commitment to serving their customers.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I have never had anything but excellent service and response from Smoking Pipes. But then I have always had top notch service from Pipes&Cigars, and 4Noggins also. I think the complaint raised in another post about Pipes and Cigars is really an exception, and a rare exception. Sometimes ***t just happens. The signature of a good business owner is how they resolve the inevitable problems that happen on occasion. I had an issue a couple years ago with Pipes&Cigars about an item that was left out of my order. I contacted them and told them just put it in my next order later in the month since it wasn't that critical. Instead they shipped it next day. The cost to do was more than double the cost of the items, not to mention the now negative profit margin. In the end most companies know a happy customer will more than make that up in future purchases.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I agree 100%. Their service is fantastic. I have dealt with Mark and Kay and their commitment to customer service is beyond reproach. :worship:

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I've placed and received dozens of orders from SPC and I've always been completely satisfied.
Add me to that list as well.
Only ever had one problem: I received one wrong tin. I called, gave them the information, and they sent a replacement immediately, along with a pre-printed return label. Easy and effortless.
Bob

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have always had great service from smokingpipes. In all the orders with them, not once have they gotten one wrong, which is amazing to me. Kaye is actually bringing in one of my favorite blends to keep in stock because they did not carry it before. That is some pretty good service.

dhintonca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I have the same reactions to Smokingpipes, P&C, and 4noggins. I've dealt with other companies without problems, but these 3 stand out for their service, speed, and courtesy!

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I'll second that Foggy. I had a slight order error with them once and they we're extremely easy to deal with.
Sometimes I know I could get a slightly cheaper price at another place, but I appreciate the extra effort they put into their website.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
I haven't bought too many online pipes supplies, but all my dealings with SPC have been first rate.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
smokingpipes is sending me a free Brigham Mountaineer for coming in 2nd in the December cartoon contest. I sent their customer service link a big thank you and got this in response:
Congratulations David!
And enjoy it!!!
Mark Pluta

Customer Service Liason

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
I've never had any issues with smokingpipes.com, they've always been great with my orders. But it's go to know that they have great customer service in case anything shoudl happen.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
I love SPC , fabulous prices , informative emails loaded with deals ! Their staff has been quite efficient with delivery of my orders . Can't go wrong with Russ and the gang !

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
I'm glad you had excellent service. Watch out for UPS. I had an issue years ago where I had to make a claim for a damaged or missing package and they flagged my address in the system. Everything that came to me after that required that I personally be at the door, and they wouldn't leave a single package.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Always had wonderful service from Smokingpipes. I try to share the "wealth" between them and 4noggins.

Status
Not open for further replies.