PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Was wondering if anyone else had this issue? I have smoked hundreds of all kinds of blends over the years. Never experienced tongue bite, some tingle with certain blends but never bite. Bought a tub of Granger and popped it open. Loved the tin note and cut. Loaded a pipe and fired it up. Immediately on initial light, it started....a painful chemical burn! I thought the flavor was awesome so I kept on with the rest of the bowl. It was a painful experience to say the least! Tried everything with following bowls, drying overnight, super slow smoking, looser pack, tighter pack, spinning in a circle 3 times, shooting in the air, lighting prayer candles:LOL:and of course different pipes. Each time the same result, the sensation of eating a whole Carolina Reaper! As with eating a Reaper....the chemical burn subsides after a few hours. I’m sure it’s just a body chemistry thing but damn!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's been a while since I've smoked Granger, though I have an unopened tub for any pipe tobacco shortages. My last bowl, I found it a sturdy blend but not a harsh one. No chemical burn, though I've had that with a few premium aromatics, notably holiday blends. I did find my last Half & Half harsh, not tormenting, but not an easy burley/Virginia blend either. I hope my batch of Granger, by vintage or by aging, is smoother than what you describe. It has always been sold as a pleasant "all day" smoke.

Reactions: kurtbob and BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It is Half & Half that is a Bur/Va blend. Granger is all rough cut Kentucky burley with molasses flavoring, and is sometimes billed as a non-aromatic and other times as an aromatic, which technically it is. No Virginia leaf in Granger.

Status
Not open for further replies.