Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've never understood why grandparents can have a more affectionate tie to their grandchildren than the parents themselves.
But:
old age grandparents have weathered their personal storms, and they are wiser.
Also, it falls to the parents to support and raise the children, so grandparents don't have that pressure, and they can enjoy the children that much more.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
After two beautiful Granddaughters, Asher Michael Edeburn was delivered by my Daughter just a bit ago. 8 lbs 1 oz, everyone is healthy. Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for my Daughter who is such a great Mother and I'm a bit happy for myself. My Son in Law also extends his family name, he's a great young man. We're baby sitting the almost four year old today and tomorrow, she's already worn me out today.
Before I read the posts between your grand opener and my bullshit--let me say "KUDOS!" CONGRAT'S!" No reservations--ALL THE BEST TO LITTLE ASHER MICHEAL AND HIS DEAR MOM--YOU PRECIOUS DAUGHTER AND HIS POP!

NOW, FOR You, Hoosier--you just don't deserve all this great stuff! What the hell--how the f#c# did you SKATE and get sooooo lucky!!!! This just ain't fair!!!!!! Whew!!!

I know, down deep You're a teddy bear with a kind heart and a generous spirit but f#c@ that!! This is so much to learn--OVER THE TOP EXCELLENCE and GETTING TO BABYSIT THE BIG SISTER on top of dumping that shack in IL--course who the hell wouldn't want to get out of IL. But seriously, FL really let's You come back full time????? How much did you Have To PAY the FL Governor to make this happen?? You Lucky Schmuck!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!!

IF I had a Cuban Cigar that I had bought--I'd have to send You ONE!!!

GOOD ON YOU, BUDDY!!!!! THNX FOR PUTTING A SMILE ON MY FACE! Saying a prayer of thanks for Your Blessings, M! Don't fall in that small batch bottle of bourbon tonight when you light that bowl and pull that cork!!!! OH, forget that--jump in that bottle AFTER the Wee One has gone home!
kindest thoughts,
mike

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Praise be!
Welcome to planet Earth little one.

I'm not a grandfather yet but I love my role as Uncle Chopper to my friends kids.
They're a lot of fun and one gets to hand them back at the end of the day.

The most important advice I ever received when I became a father was from my Godmother who said "Don't ever waste an opportunity to spend time with them while they're little. They're all grown before you know it."
Aint that the truth.