New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Congratulations, Mark. Grandkids are a true blessing and I try to see my own grandson as often as I can. And I tried to tell @BROBS that you do smile, but I don’t think he believed me...now there’s proof.

Okay, now the real question, what’s in those tins and jars on the table behind you??? ?

Enjoy!

One of them is your home stoved special you gifted me. I've been enjoying it at a rather fast pace, when are you cooking up another batch? LOL

Kottan

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
When my daughter was a little kid, I didn't want her to snack on too many sweets. (She still knew where to get them, especially chocolate). Today, I'm supposed to ask her beforehand if I can give her son (soon to be 5) sweets.

Well, that's the advantage of grandparents, they don't need to educate their grandchildren, don't have to be strict and can only do the nice things with them. A win win situation.

In the spring of this year I will become a grandfather once again. My first son and his wife will have their first baby. Unfortunately, they live far away in Berlin, so I have less opportunities to spend time with my second grandson. But I am happy that all my 3 children always like to come home.

But where has the time gone? It seems to pass faster the older you get.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
When my daughter was a little kid, I didn't want her to snack on too many sweets. (She still knew where to get them, especially chocolate). Today, I'm supposed to ask her beforehand if I can give her son (soon to be 5) sweets.

Well, that's the advantage of grandparents, they don't need to educate their grandchildren, don't have to be strict and can only do the nice things with them. A win win situation.

In the spring of this year I will become a grandfather once again. My first son and his wife will have their first baby. Unfortunately, they live far away in Berlin, so I have less opportunities to spend time with my second grandson. But I am happy that all my 3 children always like to come home.

But where has the time gone? It seems to pass faster the older you get.
Far away in Berlin?? Isn't Germany like the size of Ohio........... I've never been to Europe, I guess I just don't know.........???

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Congratulations!

Having a granddaughter caught me out, it's quite possibly the best thing in my already pretty good life and I love being a granddad (Pap). Unfortunately, she is 1,000 miles away in Louisiana, but we go often. My wife is getting on a plane this afternoon, my oldest is also having a baby TODAY, also a grandson (Luke Gerrard). So, I'm praying for a safe flight for her and a healthy boy.

Enjoy that little girl and having her close by!