PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have a fair amount of pipes (60) in my rotation and decided that I was going to lay off buying any more pipes this year. I even went so far as to order a couple of pipe stands which covered my pipes exactly. Great plan, right? Well lo and behold, Savinelli releases their 2021 line up and included this year is a line of camo pipes. Camo is my weakness and to offer a pipe with a camo stem, well now I just have to have one which means another pipe stand and of course I will have to fill the empty slots (OCD). That was a low down dirty marketing trick on behalf on Savinelli.
I only buy the 904 family, particular Bruce Weaver estates, and annual J. Everett commissions. I got a 904 from their new Bacco line. If one were available in camo I'd likely get one too. I love hunter's camo.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a ten-pipe circular stand, a twelve pipe rack and cabinet, an eighteen pipe open rack, and a forty pipe cabinet with a window front, and they have never had any problem filing up with pipes. I had nothing to do with it. If I bought another rack, well ....

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have a ten-pipe circular stand, a twelve pipe rack and cabinet, an eighteen pipe open rack, and a forty pipe cabinet with a window front, and they have never had any problem filing up with pipes. I had nothing to do with it. If I bought another rack, well ....
Giving up racks and using shelves isn't much better.

Reactions: FurCoat

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I only buy the 904 family, particular Bruce Weaver estates, and annual J. Everett commissions. I got a 904 from their new Bacco line. If one were available in camo I'd likely get one too. I love hunter's The

I think buying a larger pipe rack is better than selling off pipes.

What does PAD stand for?I

I think buying a larger pipe rack is better than selling off pipes.

What does PAD stand for?
I have two on the way...many pipes on shelves.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I only buy the 904 family, particular Bruce Weaver estates, and annual J. Everett commissions. I got a 904 from their new Bacco line. If one were available in camo I'd likely get one too. I love hunter's camo.
I have a Comoy 589 that is similar in shape. Smoked it for the first time this week and I really like it. Feels good in the hand, smokes great and I like how it places the bowl in your line of site...easy to light. The Bacco you got is gorgeous. I like the camo, but you are on to something as far as the shapes offered in camo. I think Savinelli did a good job with the 2021 line.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Why don't you just sell a few? I've never had more than 15 pipes at one time in my life...they all reside in a Tupperware box with Minute Rice in it, never had a pipe stand before...lived a perfectly fine existence the entire time.
Huh. Does it improve the flavor of the rice? Do you have to simmer longer to get the briar to a more chewable consistency, or do you just pick the pipes out after it's done cooking?

Reactions: stokesdale

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
I can see this working to draw out moisture and possibly oder.
Does both rather well; even though I let my pipes rest for a few days after cleaning and before I put them in the box, you never know if there maybe some residual moisture left in the resin inside the bowl, so the Minute Rice catches that, and it does do a really good job on the smell. I change it out every 3 months or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.