PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
It sounds pretty tasty. I think it is something that should go good with coffee or a beer and then metal music. It seems to be the trend for late night typing. Plus if I do say so myself that is a kick ass name.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
No. I actually just took a shot in the dark on the pipe. Just had a good feeling so I bid $100. After that, I got curious and looked up the markings and it looked 60s. I couldn't read the number from the seller's pix and I thought it might be a '61 which is my wife's birth year. Brad said he thought it was a '64. Turns out we were both wrong.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Been looking online at estates and Dunhills of the same year, similar size group and style are going for $250-$300! Pretty kick ass!

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I'd say you knocked that right outta the park! Enjoy your new to you Dunhill tonight!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I'm enjoying some McClellands Black Shag right now and this little Dunnie smokes steady and cool, like a champion! If it's this cool with a VA, I can't wait to drip some Black House in here! I have a feeling this pipe will sing with some Latakia in it.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Wasn't sure if it was going to be my thing, either, but I figured I could flip it if I didn't like it. This ones a keeper, though.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The thing about tje Dunhill blast finish is pictures never seem to make it look appealing. Once its in your hand and you see it in natural light, it's actually very handsome.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Congrats on the Dunhill score. I have one myself that I got for a similar price and it always provides a trouble free cool smoke with nary a gurgle. Always hunting for another. You are so right about the shell finish. Pictures do not do it justice.

Jul 12, 2011
Sweet Dunhill brother, think you just un-caged my PAD beast with

this thread...been eye'in their Prince sandblasts for awhile , group-4

or 5 is my target ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.