PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
The wife has granted me a 60$-ish budget for a TAD order. I thought I knew what I wanted, and had a favorites list and every thing. Now that I'm actually ready to pony up money, I'm drawing blanks. I'm looking at review sites, looking at P@C, adding to favorites, removing item from order list and I'm loving every moment of it! :puffy:

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
List so far, and subject to change:
All McClelland for some reason?!

Captain Cool 50g

St. James Woods 100g

Dark Star 100g
Am at 46.12$ with shipping. I do want something in there that has got some nic hit that I've not smoked before. I don't care for lat blends. Open for suggestions.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Yes the array of pipe tobaccos makes it incredibly hard to choose. I just got an order today from 4Noggins which contained Haddo's Delight, Mississppi mud (very interesting blend looking forward to trying) and Sunset Breeze. Heard great things about all these tobaccos. Interesting too that customs opened it up for inspection and did not bother to charge tax, must have been a pipe smoker himself.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Is it just me, or does 50g of tobacco feel a bit like a rip off?
Here is the order so far and is at this moment subject to change:
McC St. James Woods 100g

McC Mature VA 22 100g

MacB 7 Seas Black Blend 3.5oz (IMHO that's not a bad amount of bac for the cost, and I need an aro in this order)

Peterson University Flake 50g (50g is 1.76 oz of bac and it cost 10$, the MacB cost 8.77$)
Arrgghhh! 8O

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Ok, if any of you are still awake here I think is my final order before I pull the trigger:
McC St. James Woods 100g

McC Mature VA 22 100g

MacB 7 Seas Black Blend 3.5oz

GL Pease Haddos Delight 2oz

Corn Cob Pony Bent Pipe (I try and get one in every order so I always have a fresh one)

BJ Longs Medium Pipe Cleaners bundle x2
62.68$ with shipping. That's awful damn close to my 60$ budget. Please critique my order.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I myself would've passed on the 7 Seas Black. I'm really digging the 7 Seas Red, though. The Black is just black cavendish and seemed somewhat bland. sweet, but no real depth. It DOES however, make a great blend-tweaker. I add some to other with "meh" blends for a hint of sweetness and to add another dimension to the smoke.
-Jason

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I keep a few tins of all the 7 Seas blends, I admit black is my least fav (regular being the best I think). But its still worth a smoke, and for the price I say its hard to beat all of them.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Yup, crank that bad boy up to $100 to SAVE on the shipping!!!
Add some Five Brothers, and some Peterson Irish Flake, and some 1792 flake for me as well. ^_^

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
I wish it was as simple as "cranking it up to 100$!" The wife doesn't see it that way. But hey, I still ended up with about 12oz of tobacco all together. And a little pony express MM Corn Cob and some cleaners. I feel I did pretty good.

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
Romanza, you just won the war not the battle.

We will consider you as winner after give us your honest opinion and review your best tobacco out of them

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
WHAT, free shipping dude. By spending more you are SAVING! She should understand that, it is like buy 2 pair of shoes and get a pair free. Sure you may spend more in the beginning but you save more at the end. It all works out.
Or you could just withhold sex until she caves in. Oh wait, that only works for them.
:rofl: :laughat: :rofl:

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'd say you did rather well. I have been meaning to give the 7 seas blends a shot. I am not much of an aromatic smoker, but when I want one I really want one. I just placed the following order though so I am going to have to wait and add it to the upcoming PAD orders:
Escudo 100g

Rattray's Marlin Flake 100g

Rattray's Red Raparee 50g

Solani Virginia Flake 633 100g

Balkan Sasieni 50g

Fribourg And Treyer Cut Virginia Plug 200g

G.L. Pease Telegraph Hill 8 oz

G.L. Pease Laurel Heights 2 oz

G.L. Pease JackKnife plug 2oz
My spousal support case just got closed so I gained back a fair amount of money per month that I am used to living without and I just did my taxes on Friday which yielded a $1700.00 return thanks to being able to claim all that spousal support. So my pipe and tobacco budget is rather healthy at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.