PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
10 Specs, 20 Snows, Sons hunt around Winne Texas, will go again tommorow morning as a hard cold front is slideing in early AM. :clap:

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Never eaten goose before, how is it? Looks like a nice haul!
Deliciously edible. Everything turkey isn't. The fat off of them makes the best roast potatoes too.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
The fat off of them makes the best roast potatoes too.
Indeed. Just like duck, the legs slow cooked in the rendered fat makes a delicious confit. Roast the bones and make a rich brown stock. Also, saute the livers with finely chopped shallots, and de-glaze with Brandy, or they make a great Terrine... Maybe you can tell what I used to do for a living. :wink:

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
a hard cold front is slideing in early AM
Already hit the panhandle, currently 28 and windy as hell in Howard County, bundle up pardner it's gona be miserable cold.
But then a good morning hunt is worth it all :mrgreen:

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Roast goose used to be the normal Christmas Day meal, here in England. Then for whatever reason, I don't know why we've all got to eat turkey!

The most tasteless driest meat there is. Thankyou & God bless America!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I'm with you, Simon. Turkey is a lot like chicken for me- in a pinch, it makes a reasonable substitute for meat, but that's about it.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
@aldecaker, ain't it though? Go on Brad,shoot a couple more, & send em on over to England.

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
Good hunt! Them specklebellies are my favorite to eat. Layed in many a rice field and ditch to shoot some geese. Where I grew up, I would leave my bedroom window cracked and when I heard the geese cackling, I would run outside and shoot them from just outside of the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.