PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
I never once remember having a bad smoke with a cob. I just can not say that about my other pipes.

Sometimes I wonder why I would buy anything else.

But I am pretty sure I have yet to see a $50 cob I would buy.
Funny you mention that. I smoked 2 New Petersons and they were fine but not as good as my Cobs. My Moonshine Cannonballs and my Cobs have given me the best experience.

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
I have to say, having started with briars, and having 5 of them (well, 6 really, but still have not had the one with a broken tenon fixed) I figured I would get a couple cobs to try. Bought the MM 2 pack Country Gentlemen, one bent one straight back in July. Im completely ruined. I just don't get the appeal of expensive briars anymore from a purely smoking basis. My cobs smoke cool, they smoke sweet, they are light, and they are workhorses that can stand up to abuse. They are just incredible to me and especially at their price point. I like to smoke tobacco, not in this to collect pipes and since acquiring my cobs I can count on one hand the amount of nights I have used my briars.

I DID buy two forever stems, and one more MM cob. I like that you can just take your forever stems and stick them in any cob you are smoking, I have one bent stem and one straight stem. I may get two more of a different length for other cobs I will acquire.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
I have to say, having started with briars, and having 5 of them (well, 6 really, but still have not had the one with a broken tenon fixed) I figured I would get a couple cobs to try. Bought the MM 2 pack Country Gentlemen, one bent one straight back in July. Im completely ruined. I just don't get the appeal of expensive briars anymore from a purely smoking basis. My cobs smoke cool, they smoke sweet, they are light, and they are workhorses that can stand up to abuse. They are just incredible to me and especially at their price point. I like to smoke tobacco, not in this to collect pipes and since acquiring my cobs I can count on one hand the amount of nights I have used my briars.

I DID buy two forever stems, and one more MM cob. I like that you can just take your forever stems and stick them in any cob you are smoking, I have one bent stem and one straight stem. I may get two more of a different length for other cobs I will acquire.
I totally agree with you, I always reach for a Cob now. Well, my Moonshine Cannonballs don't disappoint but I'm getting ready to sell my Petersons.......... maybe. I have maybe 15 Cobs. I'm set for a bit.

I have tonights ready to go.

Attachments

• IMG_2774.jpg
    IMG_2774.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 1