Guten abend!
Ich habe drei Jahre in Bitburg gewohnt!
Wo wohnen Sie?
Hertzlich Willkommen!

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Oh, yes! Have you ever tried Tabak Trennt from Kiel? All fine natural tobaccos

1899? Wow! very nice. I only have BBB Meerschaum that's nearly as old as your is.

I think it is a nice group here, as far as I read some Posts.

Were are you located now?
We are in NRW. The front of the house Is Hattingen the back is Essen. As a wildlife biologist I feel a bit out of place in the Ruhrgebiet, but this is where my wife's family is. Actually, I must say it really is not so bad. We overlook farm fields and forests.

I've not been to Tabak Trennt so I'll check it out next time we head north. Looks like the shop has been in the tobacco buisness since 1870.

That 1899 BBB is a nice little own make billiard that I got from ebay. It wasn't well described and the photographs were poor. I was very surpised when I had it in hand and could easily read the silver hallmarks indicating it's 1899 date.

There are actually a few folks from Germany on the forum. If I recall correctly there are people from Bayern, Köln, and Hamburg. Where are you located?

Reactions: paulwhiteman

paulwhiteman

Lurker
Nov 27, 2019
We are in NRW. The front of the house Is Hattingen the back is Essen. As a wildlife biologist I feel a bit out of place in the Ruhrgebiet, but this is where my wife's family is. Actually, I must say it really is not so bad. We overlook farm fields and forests.

I've not been to Tabak Trennt so I'll check it out next time we head north. Looks like the shop has been in the tobacco buisness since 1870.

That 1899 BBB is a nice little own make billiard that I got from ebay. It wasn't well described and the photographs were poor. I was very surpised when I had it in hand and could easily read the silver hallmarks indicating it's 1899 date.

There are actually a few folks from Germany on the forum. If I recall correctly there are people from Bayern, Köln, and Hamburg. Where are you located?
Hattingen is quiet nice. We have got friends there.

I live in Kamp-Lintfort, what is about 45 min.from Hattingen I think.

Yes, Trennt is very long in that buisiness. The oldest mixture he has got in his stock is Abu Riha- created in 1927 and still made by Kohlhase & Kopp for him. If you like not too strong English Mixtures you should try it.

Have you heard from the pipe meetings at Tabak Kargl once a month? It is a shop in Recklinghausen, so not far away from you.

paulwhiteman

Lurker
Nov 27, 2019
Welcome to the family! Nice pipe display! You must have an understanding wife. puffy
Oh, yes, indeed I have. But last time, as I tried to place a pipe rack in a third room she said, that there must be a nest of pipes and I should try to keep them in one or two rooms. And that the kitchen, the bathroom and the sleepingroom are Tabou! ?

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Have you heard from the pipe meetings at Tabak Kargl once a month? It is a shop in Recklinghausen, so not far away from you.
I was unaware, thanks for letting me know. It's a little hard to get away from home with two young sons and the wife but it is good to read about the shop. Especially since Pfeifen Schilde in Essen is closed.

You live close! Right on the edge of the Ruhrgebiet. I regularly visit friends in Utrecht and drive up past Kamp-Lintfort on A57 sometimes.

Reactions: paulwhiteman
Status
Not open for further replies.