PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulwhiteman

Lurker
Nov 27, 2019
10151Just want to say hello before I read something more here.

I am smoking my pipe for several years now. I started with filter pipes as it is very common in Germany and stuck to sweet flavoured tobaco for a few years untill I discovered English mixtures. I bought my first Dunhill in 1983 and stuck to some British Mixtures untill a friend of mine showed me SmokingPipes.com and I had the chance to taste the fabulous Blends of McClelland. Now these blends are a piece of history and I changed to the blends of G.L.Pease, G&H and SG. My favourite at the moment is the 1792 Flake, I smoke in a 1909 BBB at the moment.

My favourite pipes are mostly pre 1950, some BBB, GBD, Petersons and Dunhills.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Greetings! Although I am an American, I met my German wife in Africa and we are living in Germany now. I've been very impressed by the tobacco on offer here. HU, Tabak aus Kiel, Dan Tabak and many others. I also enjoy older pipes although I don't own many. I do have a BBB from 1899 that enjoy a lot. At any rate I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

paulwhiteman

Lurker
Nov 27, 2019
Greetings! Although I am an American, I met my German wife in Africa and we are living in Germany now. I've been very impressed by the tobacco on offer here. HU, Tabak aus Kiel, Dan Tabak and many others. I also enjoy older pipes although I don't own many. I do have a BBB from 1899 that enjoy a lot. At any rate I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.
Oh, yes! Have you ever tried Tabak Trennt from Kiel? All fine natural tobaccos

1899? Wow! very nice. I only have BBB Meerschaum that's nearly as old as your is.

I think it is a nice group here, as far as I read some Posts.

Were are you located now?

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Welcome! I’m in New Jersey, far and away the most desirable place to live in America; if anyone tells you differently it’s just envy. Sad, really.

In any event I’ve spent the last 21 years traveling to Germany about every three months, usually alternating between Munchen and Hamburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.