PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Nobody says shit here. It’s more amazement when they see a pipe
Yeah I have had a few times where I thought someone was going to say something disparaging and then they come over and compliment the pipe. I've had a few people tell me too that they love the way pipes smell even with non aromatics. The only time I've had anyone say something is in a place that allows cig smoking but the pipe is too much.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I would smoke a lot more Granger except for that ? issue I have. What did you get from the Velvet flavor wise?
Chemistry is a strange thing. Of all the tobbaco I’ve ever smoked, granger is hands down the mildest. My MacBaren favorites I knew not to heat up but I’ve never experienced tongue bite. Only once I scorched the roof of the mouth. Never again!

As for you, BROBS! ??

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Chemistry is a strange thing. Of all the tobbaco I’ve ever smoked, granger is hands down the mildest. My MacBaren favorites I knew not to heat up but I’ve never experienced tongue bite. Only once I scorched the roof of the mouth. Never again!

As for you, BROBS! ??
Yup, only tobacco I have ever smoked that gave me Carolina Reaper Pepper tongue is Granger, but I love it?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cherry tends to trigger my gag reflex, and I've never smoked Paladin. However, you always have to ask yourself, how long has this blend been around? The answer is that Paladin was there when Moses parted the Red Sea and is still selling strong, whereas many of our beloved premium blends have gone down in roaring flames, and I don't mean on a relight.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Cherry tends to trigger my gag reflex, and I've never smoked Paladin. However, you always have to ask yourself, how long has this blend been around? The answer is that Paladin was there when Moses parted the Red Sea and is still selling strong, whereas many of our beloved premium blends have gone down in roaring flames, and I don't mean on a relight.
There’s something to be said for longevity, for sure. Plus, if all we had was OTCs I’m sure everyone would find something that works but once most of us snobs get on our high horses we don’t easily get off them or tend to reach so “low” as before.

Reactions: BROBS and kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.