Going in for Surgery on the 12th of This Month.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Gallstones bring their own set of problems; they get caught once in a while but can be busted up like kidney stones. The big issue is a caught stone can trigger pancreatitis. That hurts like a twisting hot dagger; I actually had a gurney take me off the plane from Hawaii on route to Pittsburgh in LA. I spent 3 days in the hospital, knocked out until it subsided.
Thank god for orthoscopic surgery. What used to be a major operation with 6 weeks of recovery is now a half hour procedure with a camera, four thin tools and a plastic bag. They blow your stomach up and snip away, sticking the gall bladder in a bag and pulling it out. Two hours in recovery and went back to work.
Watched the whole operation from the inside beforehand on the net, I bet you can find yours and watch it before you have it done. It’s actually really cool. ;)
Good luck with the surgery, though I take the quality of the surgeon over luck any day.
Craig

Dec 24, 2012
My neurosurgeon called this morning and put off the back surgery until March 5th. He says I need a clean bill of health from the urologist before he proceeds. I was at urologist yesterday talking about options, and there is a procedure where he can go in from the side and try to get it that way. I am going to choose that method even though the odds of getting the stone are not as good as going in the other way.
Harris, I hope all went well for you today and that you will be up and on the court in no time.
Best regards,'
Dean

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Yep it's on for today. Waiting so long before the knife is brutal. I hope this does the job and he gets the pain relief. Fracked up backs are a never ending battle.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Harris I hope all went well for your operation and that you are resting as comfortably as possible. I know you will welcome seeing your pipes when you return home.
Doug

clunk

Lurker
Apr 9, 2012
Good luck with the surgery and finding a place you hide and smoke your pipe afterwards, mate.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys. The surgery went well so said the surgeon. He was able to scrape off enough bone from the spinal canal to open things up so the pain should be all gone. I go in Tuesday to have the 32 staples he put in me removed and then I can hopefully do some light walking and start getting my back strengthened. He said it will be 12-15 weeks before I can start playing tennis again so I will be doing the re hab thing in preparation for that. So far the pain has been manageable, I have my pipes and tobacco and this place so it is all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.