Going in for Surgery on the 12th of This Month.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I hope both the back surgery and kidney stone procedure go well and are successful! Praying that no more back surgeries are needed too!
God bless, and take it easy!

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Speedy recovery Harris, I’ve gone under the knife so many times, thankfully in the last five years it’s been Arthroscopic. I’ve been getting injections in my back for the last couple years every three months and when they stop working their going to fuse me up. Not looking forward to it :(
Sure you’ll be back smacking the ball soon! And thank god they can now bust up the stones…
Craig

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Good luck Harris, I'll be looking forward to seeing you back in action. I'll be smoking a tin of Escudo in your honour while you are recovering, for sure! ;) Keep us updated...

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Good luck, cigrmaster. We'll be praying for the best. Hope you have a speedy recovery and back on the court in no time.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers, it is really appreciated.
I was woken up this morning at 4:15 with some serious pain. One or more of the stones is stuck in my Ureter and I am going to have to deal with the stones sooner than I thought. Imagine someone putting your balls in a vice and just cranking it down, that is what it feels like when they get stuck. Luckily I have pain meds on hand or I would be in the hospital right now. I am going to wait out the day and if I can't piss em out, I will go to the hospital tonight. I really hate going in and having my pipe smoking interrupted. I remember like it was yesterday when I had stones for the first time back around 1982, they shot me up with Demerol in the ER and I was high as a kite chain smoking cigarettes in my bed. Those were the days.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Wishing you a speedy recovery Harris.
I passed a kidney stone a few years ago. I'm not a pushover but I was damn near rolling on the floor in pain. I just laid there sweating and rolling on the couch for an hour and a half. Felt like a piece of glass when I passed it. Wife whose a nurse, said it was a small one stone. So I for SURE don't want to see a big one.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
jah, Thanks, isn't it amazing how such a small piece of stone can cause that kind of pain. The smaller ones are the ones that can be passed. I usually produce much larger ones that have to be blasted by ultra sound before they can be passed. When they do that it takes a few days of pissing glass before they are all gone. Usually mine are uric acid stones, but sometimes they are calcium. The last time they were a combo of the two which was a rare event for me.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Stones suck! I'm so glad I don't have to deal with them anymore. When I was crushed in a car in 1979 they had me on massive calcium doses to help knitting. No breaking them up then, one of the most painful things I've ever dealt with. Harris you know that almost every operation preformed today there's a video you can watch of the procedure, look it up and see what they do. Actually it's awesome.
Craig

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Wow. Wishing you the best of luck on the sugery.
As a fellow tennis player I hope your serves are kept in tact.

Status
Not open for further replies.