PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavrin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2021
Idaho
Welcome Aboard! As you can see there are many out here with lots of knowledge/experience. And some of us (points to self) just/still learning.

Raisedbands

Lurker
Jan 8, 2022
New York
Wow,
I am humbled by the kind welcoming; thank you brothers! (I felt warmly more akin, as I smoked some Bengal Slices, over the grill earlier this evening.)
It is affirming to know that we have active pipe smokers within our good country and the world over! I will reach out soon with questions that I’ve held in mind and hope to be able to contribute to your pursuits and enjoyment as well.
Thank you all!
Dave

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Wow,
I am humbled by the kind welcoming; thank you brothers! (I felt warmly more akin, as I smoked some Bengal Slices, over the grill earlier this evening.)
<< Snipped bits out >>
I've heard of people stoving their tobacco in an oven, but on the grill is a new idea! :)

BTW- nice selection of tobacco!

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Reactions: Raisedbands

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Rai - welcome from near Philly. You ought to tap into the New York Pipe Club. They meet monthly downtown and have an active website as well as a FB Page.

hp
les

Raisedbands

Lurker
Jan 8, 2022
New York
Yo Rai - welcome from near Philly. You ought to tap into the New York Pipe Club. They meet monthly downtown and have an active website as well as a FB Page.

hp
les
Hi Les,
Thanks for this...it is indeed something I might be interested in. I’ll look in to it. Again, thanks much!
Dave

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Title edited. Please see Rule 9!
"(Is there anybody out there?)"- Yes, as you'll see.

Hello Bretheren,
I have been looking at and been intrigued by good pipe smoker blogs for years, but have never joined one. I am a 20+ year, occasional (more chronic in winter months) pipe smoker and (modest) collector of pipes and tobacco, that lives in Pipe-Smoker Vacuum, New York. Is anybody out there to answer a few questions for me? (How active is this PM blog these days?)
Welcome from Virginia.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Glad you joined!

I'm trying to understand your OP - did you mean that you've been pipe smoking for 20+ years, OR that you smoke 20+ pipes per year?

Status
Not open for further replies.