PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I went through an 8oz tin of Stratford, which is the only one I‘ve tried yet. And I think it is a very well balanced Va/Per and a favourite of mine. Bradley from the Stuff and Things YouTube channel recommended this as a substitute for Elizabethan Mixture and though Stratford is a bit milder and more balanced in my opinion I think this is a reasonable statement. He also stated that due to the cut and the balance of flavours, Stratford is the GLP Va/Per the most suited as an all day smoke.

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Just goes to show. The latakia in Fillmore was highly noticeable to me. So much so that, after the first bowl, I gifted the rest of the tin.

Union Square, I'll agree, was the standout here.
Damn. I wouldn't have expected that. It's interesting how some flavors stick out more to some people. There's been a few blends I've smoked with an obvious added flavor or component while reading reviews insisting said component isn't in there. I guess it really is an individual thing.

If OP does buy a tin of Fillmore, but finds the Latakia content too much to enjoy, it should be an easy one to offload as you did.

Reactions: burleyboy

Status
Not open for further replies.