PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rebornbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Due to be released at the end of October. I have heard reports from some pre-release samples that this is a Latakia Plug. Early tasters are lauding this as a terrific tobacco - sure to be popular when released at the end of the month. I have not been lucky enough to sample this one yet myself.
2431f8d6361011e3b39022000aa80567_8.jpg

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I predict a near instant sell-out just like Penzance. It would be interesting to see if they are similar.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I still have about 37 Pease tobaccos to catch up on. I'm sure it will be interesting.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Perfect timing, just as I'm trying to stop sampling and settle on a limit of five blends to smoke for the forseable future...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm giving "Triple Play" a little time on the shelf, but I'll be interested to hear how this one is received.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Can anyone find more info? His site doesn't have much to go off of, but if it is really a Lat plug, I'll buy quite a few!

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Yeah ! Who is this :laughat: G.L. Pease guy? Get the surf board , water board , or something that will make him talk. I am ready to hear something!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I tried Union Square, a straight VA blend. It was good, but not something that left me wanting to abandon aromatics for Va blends.
Pease also uses Latakia a lot which I currently find to be a very bitter and off putting taste.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
LOTPRs: you should try: Haddos, Key Largo, Barbary Coast, Sextant, Navigator, Cairo, Fillmore, Laurel Heights, Cumberland and Robusto.
Try each one. Get a tin, maybe an 8oz, just in case you love it. But, if you don't, PM me and I'll send you my address :nana:
:puffy:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'll stick with my aromatics for now lol.
I do find it kind of strange that he doesn't have at least one aromatic. Aromatic blends make up about 80-90% of all pipe tobacco sales. That's a huge market that's being ignored.

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
When I had lunch with the Dark Lord yesterday he was kind enough to give me a pre-production tin.
He had also given me prototype a few months ago and I have been slowly sampling it.
While I cannot reveal details before he does, I am enjoying the new blend tremendously and think it will be a winner.
He says more news will be coming out very soon.
Stay tuned, as they say.

jfox520

May 24, 2013
I have been looking for a plug tobacco the has Latakia. I can't wait for this to be released.

nismo270r

Lurker
Jun 11, 2012
Northern KY
As many here said, I also can't wait for this to be released. I'm curious to how it will compare to some of the heavier lat blends out there. It may be one for the cellar!

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I can't wait for this to be released! The rumor on another forum is this is going to GLP's interpretation of the famed Bengal Slices. I have no idea what the truth is but a latakia plug from GLP is going to rock. My favorite Latakia blends have always been in flake or kake form. My favorites included Star of the East flake, Plum Pudding, Penzance, Fusiler's Ration, Old Ironsides, Lancer Slices, Ten Russians, Robert McConnell Latakia Flake and Pirate Kake. Flakes and Kakes is where it is at! We need more of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.