PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sethology

Lurker
Jan 5, 2020
Some time ago I posted about eye issues related to smoking pipes. Well I've tried alot since then to continue smoking pipes, even infrequently, and it has largely been to no avail. Ive even tried wearing air tight goggles only to find out that my eyes would still get irritated. The inflammation is so that sometimes if I binge smoking I'd see an alarming amount of eyelashes fall out. I believe it to be sebhorriec blepharitis. I have long dealt with skin maladies and believe I've traced it to the ritual of smoking. To me it's not worth it anymore. Much of my cellar is jarred. Some is tinned. How do I give my whole cellar away feasibly? A sad day. But maybe you all can help me help the community.

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
Some time ago I posted about eye issues related to smoking pipes. Well I've tried alot since then to continue smoking pipes, even infrequently, and it has largely been to no avail. Ive even tried wearing air tight goggles only to find out that my eyes would still get irritated. The inflammation is so that sometimes if I binge smoking I'd see an alarming amount of eyelashes fall out. I believe it to be sebhorriec blepharitis. I have long dealt with skin maladies and believe I've traced it to the ritual of smoking. To me it's not worth it anymore. Much of my cellar is jarred. Some is tinned. How do I give my whole cellar away feasibly? A sad day. But maybe you all can help me help the community.
I am sorry, Seth, that you have to do this. I am glad that you have found the cause, and that your condition improves.

Sethology

Lurker
Jan 5, 2020
I am sorry, Seth, that you have to do this. I am glad that you have found the cause, and that your condition improves.
I haven't smoked in a month and my condition has improved considerably. It would likely go away if I simple stopped smoking. I just wonder, how does one feasibly ship jarred tobacco? Would I transfer it to a bag? The tins I suppose I could sell but I do not believe jarred tobacco has much resale value so I figure I'd give it away. I just dunno how ?

Sethology

Lurker
Jan 5, 2020
Sorry to hear of this. Your significant improvement w/o the smoking is encouraging. As for your cellar, you might try transferring it to mylar and selling it on here. Of course, you'll be set on jars for life afterward. :sher:
Honestly I'd prefer to give the jars away. I'll probably sell my tins later, or keep a few for old times sake. But I'm financially comfortable and would love to help someone or multiple people out. And yes! For years my hair, brows, and beard have been inflammed with psoriasis-esque symptoms. My dermatologist diagnosed it as sebhorriec dermatitis. But for years before that I smoked a pipe and never had issues. It was only when it spread to my eyes and I traced the irritation to the pipe smoking that I realized there might be a correlation. My hair, skin, and eyes have improved tremendously. I yearn for a serene night with a pipe and I probably will have one a few times a year. But I have upwards of 70 pounds and at that rate of smoking it's just not worth sitting utop it like a dragon on his hoard.

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
Honestly I'd prefer to give the jars away. I'll probably sell my tins later, or keep a few for old times sake. But I'm financially comfortable and would love to help someone or multiple people out. And yes! For years my hair, brows, and beard have been inflammed with psoriasis-esque symptoms. My dermatologist diagnosed it as sebhorriec dermatitis. But for years before that I smoked a pipe and never had issues. It was only when it spread to my eyes and I traced the irritation to the pipe smoking that I realized there might be a correlation. My hair, skin, and eyes have improved tremendously. I yearn for a serene night with a pipe and I probably will have one a few times a year. But I have upwards of 70 pounds and at that rate of smoking it's just not worth sitting utop it like a dragon on his hoard.
That is very generous of you to help others.

Yes, keep a bit for nostalgia, or the occasional pipe.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I haven't smoked in a month and my condition has improved considerably. It would likely go away if I simple stopped smoking. I just wonder, how does one feasibly ship jarred tobacco? Would I transfer it to a bag? The tins I suppose I could sell but I do not believe jarred tobacco has much resale value so I figure I'd give it away.
You can definitely transfer the jars to zip lock bags to ship. You may also be surprised that bulk tobacco does have value as long it was stored properly.
Hate to hear about your health struggles, but glad to hear you've found some relief.

Sethology

Lurker
Jan 5, 2020
You can definitely transfer the jars to zip lock bags to ship. You may also be surprised that bulk tobacco does have value as long it was stored properly.
Hate to hear about your health struggles, but glad to hear you've found some relief.
That's true. Hmm. Well if someone's willing to pay the hellacious shipping I'd be willing to transfer all my tobacco into bags for them. Even mixture between sutliff aromatics, Samuel gawith, pease blends, macbaren, honestly a little of everything.

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA

I certainly hope that life will treat you better, and it’s frankly incredible what you intend to do, your post has inspired me, I hope to do the same if when smoking doesn’t seem very plausible anymore.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I am sorry to hear about the health issue. I would propose that you sell it at reasonable prices to try to recover your investment. If it is good tobacco, people will buy it right here. I would also propose that you transfer it to either zip lock or mylar bags to ship. Zip lock would be sufficient and less money. Let the recipient decide what they want to do with it from there. Unless it is rather hard to get and very old tobacco, shipping it in the mason jars would be expensive and a PITA.

Best of luck moving forward with your health. Visit here often to live vicariously and stay in touch.

Mar 1, 2014
I haven't smoked in a month and my condition has improved considerably. It would likely go away if I simple stopped smoking. I just wonder, how does one feasibly ship jarred tobacco? Would I transfer it to a bag? The tins I suppose I could sell but I do not believe jarred tobacco has much resale value so I figure I'd give it away. I just dunno how ?
If your ailment is what you say it is then it can be treated.
Giving away your cellar won't stop a bacterial infection.