PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I got this idea from this post: Matching Pipe Shape to Person
I go for straight billiards, and my personality/face is a bit like one of the gents in these photos (can you guess which one?). When I see a person, I automatically associate a pipe shape with their face/style/personality. I think the ones below are somewhat interchangeable, but for me, some just go together naturally.
So without over-thinking this, please match up the pipe with the face (i.e. A-4, C-2 - or whatever)
pipe-face-429x600.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Without looking at the other answers first, so I don't know if I'm in step or not,

A-2 billiard, B-4 Meerschaum, C-1 churchwarden, D-3 corncob --

I see I pegged it same as chopsie, maybe others too. Some stereotyping here.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Very interesting results. Some I didn't expect. However, there seems to be a growing consensus (which matches my own thinking).
The key for accuracy is not to over-think this, just follow your gut and match the pipe with the face.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I tried only to look at face, and not clothing or background.
When I created these I was considering that their hairstyle and clothing, etc were an extension of their personality. So feel free to factor it all in.
So far the majority seem to be favoring:
A2

B4

C1

D3
Funny, but this was how I viewed them as well. :puffy:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
So far the greatest number have chosen:
A-2

B-4

C-1

D-3
Which is my way of seeing it too.
Some of the choices here are very interesting. At least 2 chose D-2 (a farmer with a straw hat and corn in the background smoking a Dunhill Bing? But there you go, to each his own!) :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.