PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I don't post from my phone usually, but what system are you using? This is from Imgur
Xw2CO2J.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
There has to be a better way to get pictures from iPhone to a thread without taking 7 steps.
I gave up IPhone in favor of android. It's a snap to upload pics to the forum album.

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
Change is the only constant. We either go with it or we get left behind. To make some change on this site would benefit everyone here in the long run.

So true. Seems this site deserves some modernization. Not saying it's not working but it could be even more convenient and user friendly if it existed also as an app. Not talking about Tapatalk. I would be ready to donate my "2 cents" if a professional needed some support.

"My lawn"? I'm sure those who contribute or have contributed the most feel like they own it somehow but hey, your great experience which is highly appreciated by many people could look even more impressive with a more modern approach.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
A couple of things like numbering and dating posts, a mark showing you have a post in a thread, having a quote button in a post so you don't have to cut and paste, a notification if someone quotes you, ignore option, better search function, full screen configuration etc.

derekflint

Nov 23, 2017
Funny...those changes make everything MUCH easier and LESS complicated. I love it here...really do !! But this website is like manual on the column....Totally Outdated.......

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I give derek a lot of credit for brainstorming those suggestions. Nobel laureate Linus Pauling was asked how he would come up with a great idea. He responded, the trick is to come up with lots of ideas and let the really smart people pick out the good ones.

I like to think that, one day after all of the other forums are nothing but chirping crickets of solitude, they will look back on this one and see what worked best and why we didn't collapse into the abyss with the rest of them. Like when I go to buy a truck, I ask to see all of the trucks that don't have cameras' GPS, or any of the other Demonic stuff that kills vehicles early. The most simple things last much longer.

derekflint

Nov 23, 2017
Cosmic, I'm with you on the cameras and that stuff. I bought a Ford Raptor without all that junk in it. But I did get power windows and power brakes....The things I'm talking about are in the power windows level...Here we are using roll down windows..

Jan 8, 2013
I say, if it isn't broke don't fix it. We all have our own ideas of what may or may not make the forum better, but certainly all of our ideas cannot be implemented. The main aspects of the forum all seem to work smoothly. Creating a new topic is easy, posting on another topic is easy, finding topics is easy, posting photos... well that's pretty easy for the most part once you find an image hosting site that works well for you (piss off Photosuckit), sending a private message is easy, posting links is easy. Basically the forum seems to work as a forum should in my opinion. It is after all a forum. It's not Facebook, Twitter, or Instragram and I think to try and make it more like such would be folly. There will always be improvements to be made, and if the admins see it as necessary then those improvements will be implemented. I, for the most part, regardless of what changes I'd like to see, feel that the forum is just fine as is.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I see no need for "bells and whistles" when the basics work fine. Type, hit the "send" button then, remember to proofread, hit edit, make corrections and edits. What could be easier? Proofreading before sending is suggested I suppose.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I like this old school format quite a bit. The biggest "modern" feature I miss is the option to go to the first unread posting in a thread you've been following.
I get mad when my grocery store decides to rearrange. It's never an improvement and now I have to figure out where they moved the string cheese and extra small condoms again...
jay-roger.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
I get mad when my grocery store decides to rearrange. It's never an improvement
I'm a butcher for a grocery store and I think most of us that work there agree. Every so many months some yahoos that don't work in the stores decide "we're going to move this here, and move this there, and flip flop this and flip flop that... then we're going to discontinue this item even though it sells very well and replace it with this item that we couldn't pay someone to take, and blah blah blah blah blah...." It irritates the customers, and it irritates the employees.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Anthony: You're in the customer service business then there's the guy at corporate who looks at computer projections and such. He's in the profit business and really doesn't care what the customer wants. He's all bottom line, what the suppliers will pay for shelf location and the like. Safeway is doing the same thing in Alaska and I find myself buying more and more through Amazon, much to my chagrin. I'd prefer to keep locals employed but, I won't buy second rate beef and am fairly intolerant when my regular products suddenly disappear.
I suppose there's a line which "corporate" will not cross but, they do not seem to have found it. At least Safeway/Albertsons hasn't. Somewhere falling customer base v profits have to meet and then the piper must be paid.
Stay strong laddie, retirement gets closer every hour you work. And look after we, the pesky customer.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
The biggest "modern" feature I miss is the option to go to the first unread posting in a thread you've been following.

Jay- On the main forums page, if you click on the far right, where the "time since last posting" is, it will take you to the most recent post......... not sure if that is what you were asking though.
Example: On the what are you smoking thread, click on the far right, where it says "22 minutes ago", and it will take you to the latest posting. If you click on the thread title it takes you to the first post........

Status
Not open for further replies.