PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
GHW and Barbara with their longstanding marriage provide a sterling example of how that is done, that it can be done at all, and why it is a good thing. Jimmy and Rosalind as well, and as time goes on, Barack and Michelle. Every marriage can't be a success, and bad ones can be a torture, but a solid marriage that remains intact can be a tremendous foundation for kids, but especially for the principals. George and Barbara side-by-side at the presidential library provide a monument to this not immutable but still exemplary truth. P.S. GHW's speedboat had three, not two, V-8 engines.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
... and GW and Laura ... all those national-figure couples who managed to keep it together for the long haul, and all of us non-national-figure couples for sure.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I'm happy that the President found a way to take one last train ride. I'm guessing that the idea of having his remains booted out the rear of a C-130, in the care of the Golden Knights, crossed his mind though.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Wood, Warren, good memory stories, Thanks, tears in my eyes watching train and people lined on highways, and in overpasses to see his last run, brought me back to guarding President Kennedy in the Rotunda, Good Human being George was, served his Country, loved his wife, and did his best for the Country.

Status
Not open for further replies.