PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
Does not get mentioned on here. I was curious why? I own 4. All smoke fantastic. I would even say they are my favorite. Had 2 of them for over 10 years. I know they aren’t a flashy name, but still, Pound for pound in my opinion , are one of the best well made pipes on the market. They are solid! Does anyone else Smoke them?

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm a fan of French pipes and own a Genod, a nifty bent egg with a surprisingly ample bowl for a compact pipe. Currently they produce the house pipes for Iwan Ries, most offered for a mere $60. I'd happily buy another from them or SP, but I am abundantly supplied with pipes and am trying to enjoy the many I have. But yes, Genod is a superior brand, far above its price point in quality. You are exactly correct.

ChuckMijo

Sep 26, 2020
They are great pipes. I sold the one I had because it was quite large but the quality and smokability especially for the money was top notch.
I love the way they shape they their wide billiards. I have 2 of that shape. They are sort of short length wise, nice and comfort , tampered stem, light easy to clench, and smoke like a dream. I think that’s why I like the Sasieni moorgate pipe so much, almost exact way I like a pipe to feel and smoke. Just add 100 bucks.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I love the way they shape they their wide billiards. I have 2 of that shape. They are sort of short length wise, nice and comfort , tampered stem, light easy to clench, and smoke like a dream. I think that’s why I like the Sasieni moorgate pipe so much, almost exact way I like a pipe to feel and smoke. Just add 100 bucks.
Sounds like a nice pipe. The one I sold was a huge bulldog. I wouldn’t be adverse to another but I’ve pretty much moved on to handmade pipes.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
So I got them out today and started to clean up chambers. The pipes were a total mess, crazy cake and lava overflow. Turns out they are both meer lined. Gonna go back to wet paper towels/tooth brush here on in. Still need to wrangle a stem for the egg. The stem fits both pipes, but doesn’t quite line up with the diamond shank. Thinking maybe a yellow acrylic

73053255-1EED-4E74-AB11-3DA6E05EBE1C.jpeg

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
Has anyone tried any of the Genod pipes with the briar stems? I’ve had my eye of them for a while, but never managed to pull the trigger on one. Cheap enough so it’s not a huge investment.
7C6A9224-5D5A-45A7-BAE4-5A30184631CD.jpeg

Reactions: Ahi Ka

ChuckMijo

Sep 26, 2020
Has anyone tried any of the Genod pipes with the briar stems? I’ve had my eye of them for a while, but never managed to pull the trigger on one. Cheap enough so it’s not a huge investment.
View attachment 49238
No, never herd of it. Looks great. I’m so fussy when it come to stems. I’m not sure what the mouth feel would be like. Cheap or not I’d probably pass.

Reactions: jpmcwjr