New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haines is a pretty spot in SE Alaska. If you make the journey make sure you make it to southcentral and the interior as well. Well worth it.

And if you do, let me know! I’ll meet you for a bowl!
She was in Talkeetna before she moved to Haines, working at the Fairview. We always wanted to just turn up at the bar without telling her we were coming.

It looks as if my Savinelli won't be delivered today ? despite UPS saying, first, that it would come yesterday, and then today. It's still in Brisbane (State capital, 1,500km south) according to tracking, where it has sat for two days now.
However, Aus Post delivered Peterson My Mixture 965 yesterday, along with a sample of Lane's 1-Q. I'll leave the My Mixture for the Savinelli, but I tried a bowl and a half of the 1-Q in an old briar which a colleague has kindly donated. I decided that I quite like it. Then I looked it up on Tobacco Reviews and found that it's the most common blend in the US. So perhaps I shouldn't have liked it. But I did. I might mix it 50/50 with a Lane choc Burley.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone: I smoked pipes (say 3 bowls a week) for some years until I got married more than 30 years ago. Never smoked cigarettes, perhaps a semi-annual cigar. When I stopped pipe-smoking, I gave away a good selection, including a couple of Meerschaums (the real deal, not corn cobs). I moved to lovely, tropical North Queensland almost 3 years ago, and found that at my first ministers' gathering (I'm a Uniting Church minister), some colleagues broke out pipes. I got home, told my wife, who decreed "No! You are not to take up pipe smoking again!".
Cue a couple of Sunday evenings ago, a few of those colleagues came round for dinner. Afterwards, while we were sitting outside, they asked if they could light up pipes, and produced a spare for me ? So now I'm waiting for UPS to deliver a Savinelli (tomorrow, the tracking number says) and Australia Post to deliver a 50g tin of Peterson My Mixture 965 (also tomorrow according to Aus Post tracking). Just in time for a Sunday off and a long Anzac Day weekend at a beach shack.
Welcome!

I have many happy memories from visiting Australia in 2007.

It looks as if my Savinelli won't be delivered today ? despite UPS saying, first, that it would come yesterday, and then today. It's still in Brisbane (State capital, 1,500km south) according to tracking, where it has sat for two days now.
However, Aus Post delivered Peterson My Mixture 965 yesterday, along with a sample of Lane's 1-Q. I'll leave the My Mixture for the Savinelli, but I tried a bowl and a half of the 1-Q in an old briar which a colleague has kindly donated. I decided that I quite like it. Then I looked it up on Tobacco Reviews and found that it's the most common blend in the US. So perhaps I shouldn't have liked it. But I did. I might mix it 50/50 with a Lane choc Burley.
Yay, a nice lady in a white van has just pulled up in the drive. I know what I'll be doing this weekend!tempImagemyNbuU.png

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Hi everyone: I smoked pipes (say 3 bowls a week) for some years until I got married more than 30 years ago. Never smoked cigarettes, perhaps a semi-annual cigar. When I stopped pipe-smoking, I gave away a good selection, including a couple of Meerschaums (the real deal, not corn cobs). I moved to lovely, tropical North Queensland almost 3 years ago, and found that at my first ministers' gathering (I'm a Uniting Church minister), some colleagues broke out pipes. I got home, told my wife, who decreed "No! You are not to take up pipe smoking again!".
Cue a couple of Sunday evenings ago, a few of those colleagues came round for dinner. Afterwards, while we were sitting outside, they asked if they could light up pipes, and produced a spare for me ? So now I'm waiting for UPS to deliver a Savinelli (tomorrow, the tracking number says) and Australia Post to deliver a 50g tin of Peterson My Mixture 965 (also tomorrow according to Aus Post tracking). Just in time for a Sunday off and a long Anzac Day weekend at a beach shack.
G'day and welcome from the Hawkesbury.

Hope you enjoy the MM965 [Latakia was an acquired taste for me]
1Q is an enjoyable aromatic that is not at all goopy like some aromatics [despite what some of the baccy snobs say] It's a nice 'all day' puff.

Status
Not open for further replies.