PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Thank you! I'll be here all week.
Smoking some Dark Plug right now actually, though I decided to mix in some BCA so I could pack a bigger bowl and not kill myself. Not a bad combo at all.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
It looks like every other STG plug, but smells great. Lots of Dark Fired.
It rained here tonight, so all the chairs out on the deck are soaking wet. I'll spark up a bowl tomorrow.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
2v2uBrVPWx3L6Bn.jpg
So here's my take on Gawith Hoggarth Dark Plug (Unscented)
It's definitely scented, but not with a traditional Lakeland. More of a men's cologne. Lightly scented though, and I like it. The tobacco aroma/flavor still comes through as the dominant character. Lots of Dark Fired and air cured burley. Not getting much Virginia. Has a nic hit like an aborigines armpit.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That's how Perique was first done! Aborigines in Louisiana stuffed their armpits with whatever tobacco was around, to ward off mosquitoes. The resultant tobacco after a week was scented and strong!! Then they started stuffing hollow logs and alligators with it and the rest is history.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
The more I smoke Dark Plug the more I like it. Just had another bowl tonight, and this time I felt the nic hit a bit more. Just put the pipe down and came back about 1 hour and 1 scotch later. Now I get why they say tobacco is addicting! I - Just - Have - To - Have - It!! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.