PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
I can't believe I've never noticed that as I've watched that series so many times.

I have to find a way to do that.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Or maybe White Wizards don't smoke at all. Kind of a higher power can't partake kind of deal.. You know. "Phenomenal cosmic powers... Idddy Biddy living space"

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
Okay, I've figured it out:
Gandalf the Grey - Absorbs his power from his single pipe.
Gandalf the White - Absorbs his power from his new pipe collection back home.
^ This is definitely how that works.
Very cool find.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
That is a great find Anthony -Thanks. I've been back into Tolkien here lately. Just finished reading the Hobbit last night for the umpteenth time. Never gets old. It's been a while since I read the trilogy so I'm set to start that over again soon. I'm in the middle of watching the hobbit movies now and while they are pretty entertaining after just plowing through the written Hobbit in a couple days It's reminded me that the original books are far superior to the movies. At least in my imagination.
Only a fine meerschaum would do for Gandalf the White.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Maybe the "White Wizards Guild" is an anti-tobacco workplace and tests for nicotine........ 8O

Jan 8, 2013
Maybe the "White Wizards Guild" is an anti-tobacco workplace and tests for nicotine........
Gandalf would never stand for that. I'd hate to see someone try to take Gandalf's Old Toby away from him.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
The Gandalf sticks, of many varieties have been out for a while. They are in many different shapes and sizes. I've been carving different kinds of wizard sticks, mostly for customers, for years. However, the popularity of the sticks have grown in the past year.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Cajun, what's left are the two in the picture at this thread. Woodworkers/Furniture Makers: let's see your creations.
Those two are just simple wizard sticks used for display. I keep kicking myself for forgetting to take pics of the ones I've sold. I receive orders for more intricate sticks as well. I'll try and get some pics from my customers.
Thanks for asking!

menuhin

Oct 21, 2014
Nice catch! Never noticed that. :worship:
And is Gandalf now mass producing it?
UC3108-proto-d.jpg

UC3108-proto-b.jpg

UC3108-proto-a.jpg

coraxsnag

Lurker
Feb 13, 2015
Where does Gandalf put his pipe when he uses the staff to whack the heads off of goblins? Just wondering....
Gandalf's pipe is actually what's doing all the damage. The staff is just camouflage. And it gives him longer reach, of course.
Hm. I feel a 'Gandalf's Pipe' meme coming on, a la the Chuck Norris 'facts'.
After Sauron's defeat, Mount Doom was on the verge of erupting. Then Gandalf capped it with his pipe.
The One Ring tried to lure Gandalf to pick it up, but his pipe was already in control.
Once the balrog pulled Gandalf down into the Mines of Moria, Gandalf stopped pretending and skewered the balrog on the end of his pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.