PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
As I've grown older I've found myself less tolerant of people who knowingly cross the line on rules. I've grown to appreciate the need for rules for life and group cohesiveness in day to day living. For me it seems that I see more rule bending as of late. Is it that there is nobody backing up the outcome of rule infractions and people will just keep bending and pushing the limits of the rules? Am I turning into a get off my lawn guy? Have I smoked to much Salty Dog's .
Anyway the vent felt good.
Mahalo,
?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
As I've grown older I've found myself less tolerant of people who knowingly cross the line on rules. I've grown to appreciate the need for rules for life and group cohesiveness in day to day living. For me it seems that I see more rule bending as of late. Is it that there is nobody backing up the outcome of rule infractions and people will just keep bending and pushing the limits of the rules? Am I turning into a get off my lawn guy? Have I smoked to much Salty Dog's .
Mahalo,
?
Rule keepers are afraid of offending rule breakers.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Mahalo,
?

All the above...

Besides that, what’s not to like about dozen-page long arguments that erupt over inane subjects and drag on for months...?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, basic stuff. People think if they arrive at a traffic light twenty seconds after it turns red, it's green to them. And if a stop sign is at a quiet intersection, no need to stop. And I love the people who show up at the gym in their snazzy workout gear and park in the handicapped spots with no handicap tag either, so they don't have to walk too far. In their so-called minds, these people see themselves as go-getters, originals, frontiers people, winners. They're just bent that way. I don't think they are ever changed, but today they think they have more permission. These folks were always here, but lately they seem more encouraged. I have to live among them, but I don't have to like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.