PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I have no way of telling if I like it as much.........but I do love it!

And the beach here is currently minus 1 and wet and windy. So I won't be trying it there for a while
Key Largo is one of my newer favorites from GLP. I love the cigar note as it's not too heavy and just on the backend of things. Really unique smoke. I've got 3 8oz tins cellaring.

The only negative I could possibly think of with Greg's tins is that as some of them age, they puff up like baseballs sized pufferfish, and they don't stay stacked well. I'm not sure at all why his do this, but other brands don't. But, I have yet to hear anyone say that they've broken a seal.
I have opened my cellar to have several roll out into the floor. YMMV

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
The only negative I could possibly think of with Greg's tins is that as some of them age, they puff up like baseballs sized pufferfish, and they don't stay stacked well. I'm not sure at all why his do this, but other brands don't. But, I have yet to hear anyone say that they've broken a seal.
I have opened my cellar to have several roll out into the floor. YMMV
I believe that has more to do with how the blends are tinned as C&D. Mike McNeil tells us that McClelland tins (which are basically the same) are filled and sealed in a lower oxygen environment. They do seem to age more slowly than most other blends to this non scientist. Could simply be that C&D tins have more oxygen in there which causes a more "violent" reaction. Most of my C&D tins are puffy while, it unusual in my experience to find any puffiness in my McClelland tins. I doubt they are any thicker.

Mike S.

I believe that has more to do with how the blends are tinned as C&D. Mike McNeil tells us that McClelland tins (which are basically the same) are filled and sealed in a lower oxygen environment. They do seem to age more slowly than most other blends to this non scientist. Could simply be that C&D tins have more oxygen in there which causes a more "violent" reaction. Most of my C&D tins are puffy while, it unusual in my experience to find any puffiness in my McClelland tins. I doubt they are any thicker.

Mike S.
That makes more sense that what I was thinking... but then again, I like to blame most things on magic and evil dwarves. puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.