PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
åæāăąàáâãä ėęěĕəèéêëē ıįīïîíì œőøöõôóò ųűůūüûúì

I really like Virginia/Oriental blends, especially in summer, and I like plugs, so I will probably buy a tin hoping for hot weather to come.

My only concern is people's complaints about C&D's plugs being a bit loose, is this true? I like a good hard plug.

The tin art looks nice, that's an important consideration for me. :LOL:

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I am tempted as I Va/Or blends are a favorite of mine right behind my beloved VA and VA/per. I do enjoy plugs but I agree that I've never had a C&D/GLP plug that was actually dense. Triple Play and Jackknife plug don't fall apart like a crumble cake but they're not pressed like European plugs are.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Just one, for starters. I don’t have much experience with VaOrs yet.

By the way, for those who dedicate pipes to particular genres or blends, do you have dedicated VaOr pipes? Or do you smoke VaOrs in Virginia or English pipes?
I don't really notice any ghosting by the Orientals, but I do smoke a lot of Va/Or and Vabur blends, so any ghost usually doesn't stick around for long.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
As much as I want to order this right now, I just blew all of this month's spare money on guitar and banjo strings. April is a tough time for spending when you're a produce farmer.

I'm planning to order 3 or 4, it sounds amazing. And this thread has reminded me of Bankside, which I thought was excellent.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
åæāăąàáâãä ėęěĕəèéêëē ıįīïîíì œőøöõôóò ųűůūüûúì

I really like Virginia/Oriental blends, especially in summer, and I like plugs, so I will probably buy a tin hoping for hot weather to come.

My only concern is people's complaints about C&D's plugs being a bit loose, is this true? I like a good hard plug.

The tin art looks nice, that's an important consideration for me. :LOL:
They are not near as dense as the European plugs but they are whole leaf plugs (not the crumble cakes marketed as plugs). They don’t have the proper equipment to make the really dense plugs but I’ve been impressed with Pease/C&D plugs nonetheless.

So glad it's regular production

As a rule I don't open them for about 5 or 6 months after production to let them marry a bit.

I actually just opened up Bankside from November to try. I dig it by the way.
I have to admit… i totally forgot I even ordered Bankside, ha ha. May pop one tonight.