Géométrie... How Much Did You Order?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

The title says it all... but damn... I had to copy and paste the word "Géométrie" because of all of the fancy foreign dangling elevated comma things over the letters. I'm not sure how to get those on my keyboard. Ge'ome'trie... crap... how will we all write about this blend unless we have foreign keyboards? Or, are we just going to use the English translation?

Navy Chief

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2022
Have not placed an order yet, trying to decide how much I want initially. The spelling conundrum is going to make searching for information on this blend interesting, there are going to be a bunch of spelling variations for it.

Crap.
I just placed an order for a few tins of Laurel Hieghts, Blairgowrie and Sammara along with a pound of Revelation Match and a couple of other things- totally forgot about Géométrie
I had made an order earlier this month for a buttload of more Opening Night also. I just bit the bullet and bought it anyways. It sounded like it was going to be low risk of me regretting it.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
@cosmic - have you tried wearing a beret while typing? Today’s technology can detect insincerity and if you aren’t truly feeling the moment it’s possible your keyboard isn’t responding properly. And if you’re drinking some nasty Dunkin’ coffee instead of a proper Cafe Au Lait then you are never going to have any luck.

Just one, for starters. I don’t have much experience with VaOrs yet.

By the way, for those who dedicate pipes to particular genres or blends, do you have dedicated VaOr pipes? Or do you smoke VaOrs in Virginia or English pipes?
My favorite VaOrs are more Virginia heavy and I just treat them like a flavored Virginia. They don't really come across as heavy enough to be a whole different genre than just Virginias. Unless Greg has dosed this one hard with orientals, ha ha. But, I assume he didn't. Folklore, Saturday Picnic, Embarcadero, all just seem seasoned with just enough to add some spice, but not ghost a pipe. Maybe I am wrong... and it would still be interesting if I was. But, by the description, I expect it just just be a dash of seasoning in an otherwise Virginia blend.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I went ahead and ordered 10 tins.

But, on another note... I cannot get my keyboard to access those accent marks at all. None of the things listed online work. ctrl +' and the "e", nor ctrl + 0233. I think my keyboard is incapable of foreign languages. It's a racist keyboard puffy
The Alt + letter might do it. On a Mac it's the option + letter: géométry

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Slidell, LA
The title says it all... but damn... I had to copy and paste the word "Géométrie" because of all of the fancy foreign dangling elevated comma things over the letters. I'm not sure how to get those on my keyboard. Ge'ome'trie... crap... how will we all write about this blend unless we have foreign keyboards? Or, are we just going to use the English translation?
On my computer, I type "option e" and then the letter e to get é.

I ordered two tins.

Reactions: dunnyboy