FVF And Cringle Flake Burn My Tongue Instantly.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Estate Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
Some blends bite me as well on a dry pull before lighting, like Half & Half.

This is a chemical reaction. I would move on from these blends because the tongue bite can stop you from enjoying smoking for some time.

Grab yourself some Burleys and come over to the nutty side of pipe smoking

Reactions: upnorth1 and seanv

Auxsender

Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Some blends bite me as well on a dry pull before lighting, like Half & Half.

This is a chemical reaction. I would move on from these blends because the tongue bite can stop you from enjoying smoking for some time.

Grab yourself some Burleys and come over to the nutty side of pipe smoking
I just might do that. 🥜

Reactions: Piping Abe

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I've noticed a habit of being really eager to taste the smoke while lighting, and if a blend takes a lot of attempts to get going (looking at you, FVF), my tongue can get halfway fried before the bowl is even rolling. So I'm trying to retrain myself to point the button to the side and keep my tongue out of the way while lighting. Something to consider...
yeah, sounds like my experience. first tried it too wet and lots of flame and sucking to get it going. ergo, seared tongue... will make sure lots of dry time before next cringle.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

Worknman

Sep 23, 2019
I haven't smoked FVF in a while but I remember it was rather flame retardant and bitey due to trying to keep it lit.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Kind of surprising with FVF. I find that to be one of the least bitey Virginia blends. Solution is easy, avoid those two blends. Clearly am allergic reaction. Have you smoked SG BBF and did you react to it?
Interesting, as FVF and all the G&H flakes I've tried I'm fine with but SG BBF is painful from char light to ash ...

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy