PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
It was interesting to find, in those four recent blends I purchased, more of a burley flavor rather than Virginia.

I haven't smoked burleys in quite some time. Normally I gravitate to Virginia or VA/Per blends....and I think the Sutliff aros in round one were more Virginia/Cavendish heavy.

Very nice change of pace.
I can appreciate the nuttiness combined with the fruit topping.
I'm glad I tried this little experiment, I was getting a bit bored smoking the same old same old... ?

pip01

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 3, 2018
NJ
Solani Tropical Mango Flake
Solani Sweet Mystery X
Erinmore Flake
CD Berry Good
Rattray Exotic Passion
Peterson Royal Yacht
GH Glengarry Flake (HoneyDew topping)
GH Barbary Coast

Last edited:

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Devil’s Holiday is like somebody grabbing a big handful of berries and slapping the shit out of you with it. If you like fruit aro’s that taste how they smell, that’s your guy.

• Haha
Reactions: ofafeather

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
Devil’s Holiday is like somebody grabbing a big handful of berries and slapping the shit out of you with it. If you like fruit aro’s that taste how they smell, that’s your guy.
?
Wasn't that Dan Tobacco's original marketing for that blend?

• Haha
Reactions: ofafeather

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
'Spent the last couple of days getting my face slapped with Devil's Holiday.
I actually like this blend.... I'm kinda shocked.
Does this make me a masochist?

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
It actually out-grapes the Captain.?
@chasingembers , out grapes anything I've ever smoked. What a strange blend.... If the Kool Aid guy (grape flavored guy, of course) had an affair with the Pixie Stix gal (again, grape flavored), they'd have a bastard child called Celephais.

Not a sweet blend, thankfully, but a penny candy grape taste for sure. The base tobacco is really good, which is the saving grace for me at least. Is it just my taste buds or is the base tobacco the same as what's in Founding Fathers? Hmmm....

Summer has come to a close. I'm back into my regular, non fruity smokes. There's one blend though that just arrived that I haven't tried yet, Sillem's Red...which has a super fruity tin aroma. I'll report on that one later..

Thus far, my Winner Of The Fruit Forward Blends, is Dan Tobacco's Devil's Holiday. Over the top flavor and a good, solid base tobacco to boot. It's an every now and then smoke for me, when I need to get smashed in the face with berries.....and doesn't everyone need a good berry face smashing every now and then?
Yup..

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thus far, my Winner Of The Fruit Forward Blends, is Dan Tobacco's Devil's Holiday. Over the top flavor and a good, solid base tobacco to boot. It's an every now and then smoke for me, when I need to get smashed in the face with berries.....and doesn't everyone need a good berry face smashing every now and then?
Yup..
I love that one so much that I got a pipe just for it.?

20210822_172414.jpg