PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Consider my package a gift. Don't even worry about pay back. I have plenty of tobacco and more pipes than a sane man should have. (not that I claim sanity)

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Enjoy.
And please don't send me anything.
Look for a chance -- maybe well down the line -- to do a good turn for someone who needs it.
(I WOULD like to see a picture of the whole collection when you have a chance.)

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I agree with Ace and as I mentioned in my PM you need not send me anything in return. Pictures as others have mentioned would be cool... :)

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I shall get pictures when I get home from work. This I can promise you. I'm still going to keep all the addresses... You know, just in case I do come into some extra money.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Oi...I just read this thread, and went through the range of shock and horror at the loss of your pipes to that big warm fuzzy feeling that everyone stepped up instantly for you, misterrogers. Good folks here, I applaud you all. :clap:

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
This is the most tragic thing I have read all summer. I am so sorry for you and I hope everything works out

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
As promised, pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. They are numbered, so that you can call out which pipe you sent.
mvOUz.jpg

My friend bought me this one. He owns the sister pipe of this one. They are almost the exact same pipe, except the grain are on reverse sides. It smokes like a charm. The bowl was carved by Stephen Anderson almost 30 years ago. For some reason, it was put on the shelf, and never finished. Stephen passed away in 2009, but his wife still keeps the shop up. She recently found the two bowls, and finished them.
uEXxk.jpg

I bought these two pipes. The bottom is an estate pipe from Pipes and Pleasures, the store mentioned above. The other is Crown.
CKVYa.jpg

An Uncle Arthur. I plan to try Shortcut to Mushroom in it this weekend.
s6IoX.jpg

The two corncobs. I remember that Uncle Arthur sent the stem for number one.
65sXx.jpg

These are some of the first pipes to arrive.
JIG6G.jpg

I know that I bought several estate pipes off eBay, and these may be some of them.
fHaOJ.jpg

Again, I think many of these are from eBay, and not from the forums.
EG5cD.jpg

Not sure about these two either.
3DlPZ.jpg

I got these two of Etsy. I thought they looked wonderful.
x1ofl.jpg

I know these three were sent by one person.
xoVOr.jpg

My mums favorite by far. I told her she can't touch it, or she might throw it out. She didn't think it was funny.
8MMLr.jpg

This little fellow was hiding in my pocket. Not sure if he was a gift or a buy.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
WOW! Glad to see the pics. You have some very nice pipes there. Hope you enjoy number 11. :wink:

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Very nice misterrogers! Definitely a great replacement collection and I'm sure you'll get a lot of smoking enjoyment from them all. Your mum has good taste, btw. :laughat:
Smoke in good health!

Status
Not open for further replies.