PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
My order came in the mail just as my wife was leaving to drop the car off at work for me tonight, and she kindly put it in the car for me to open on break. At 9:00 (well 8:53) I parked my fork truck and darted out the door to my car, I opened the box and went right for the tin of FMC. I cracked it open and instantly my car was filled with the sweet smell of burbon and other awesomeness they put in this great blend. I smelled the tin for a good 2min then finally packed up a bowl. This is a FANTASTIC smoke! I couldn't believe the complexity of flavors and all the blended flavors work perfect with each other and compliment the tobacco and the tobacco compliments the casings and toppings. All I have to say is, OH MAN! just SO flippin good! Definatley adding a tin or two to every order. I plan to have at least 15 tins in my cellar by hunting opening day (Oct 1)

kenoshakid

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2013
I've been wanting to try this blend ever since I returned to pipe smoking a few months ago. For some reason when I make a purchase I always end up choosing something else. Based on your experience with it, Cavendish, I think I'm going to have to finally put in an order for it. Enjoy!

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I've been wanting to try this blend ever since I returned to pipe smoking a few months ago. For some reason when I make a purchase I always end up choosing something else. Based on your experience with it, Cavendish, I think I'm going to have to finally put in an order for it. Enjoy!
Definatley order AT LEAST one. I strongly suggest ordering two maybe three. I have already had 3 bowls tonight! This is a REALLY nice smoke!

kenoshakid

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2013
I should be able to make the purchase at some point this week, but then I'll have to wait for it to arrive (Doh!). I'm thinking a 100mg tin would suit me well. I usually don't seek out mild blends, but I'll have to make an exception for this.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
I placed an order earlier today with 4Noggins. My order included two tins of FMC. At that time they only had one left, its probably long gone by now. There are othe sources, but FMC seems to go fast.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
HAHAAH! I just went to add two tins to my shopping cart in 4noggins and it's out of stock lol. Damn, wait until next order I guess..

jeff394

Lurker
Mar 7, 2013
I tried the McClelland Stave-Aged 35 a little while ago, and it was just dripping with that whiskey flavor or whatever it was. Had to air it out for a few days to tame it down. Can't really see the whiskey and Latakia flavors as a good combination, but the reviews say otherwise. I may have to try it.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Whilst on the topic of McClelland tabacca here... I opened a tin of Yenidje Supreme about 2wks ago, and I didn't like it one bit. I put it in a mason jar and I haven't touched it since. Last night I opened the jar and noticed that stale ketchup smell has disipated a little and it smells sweeter now. I'm going to let it sit until my July sometime around my birthday and see what I get. If it has mellowed out I will open the tin of Highlander and jar it up as well. I honestly think taking it out of the tin and letting the air get at it for a few mins causes sort of an oxidation that helps the tobacco mellow out. Correct me if I'm wrong but its like letting a bottle of wine 'breathe' after popping the cork as I see it.
Also smoking a bowl of FMC and driking some 'cowboy coffee' while I type this out. The creamy smokeyness of Cellar is just awesome! 4noggins is out of stock so I will have to 'baby' this tin until I have a chance to stock up on it once they get another shipment in.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
It has become one of my favorite go to smokes. I have put a few bowls through three of four pipes and they all love it.
What exactly is cowboy coffee??

andrew369

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2013
I have been dying to get my hands on some Cellar from what people are saying about it. Was out of stock when I made an order of 4noggins over the weekend but was back in stock the next day (the universe is a b*tch like that) and is now sold out again. McClelland must have struck gold with this blend.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
@yaz Cowboy coffee is very simply coffee made over a fire in a simple fashion, because you cannot brew it and drip like an automatic pot you just throw the grounds in the pot of water and steep it like tea. Then you either let the grounds settle to the bottom and pour off the coffee or pour it through a make shift sieve of some sort like a newspaper cone or maybe even an old hat. :lol:

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
My cowboy coffee is poured through a stainless small screen strainer. I make espresso this way (Turkish or Greek style) I prefer this way over any other sometimes I use my mocha pot. Thinking of getting a nice stainless, stovetop press type coffee maker as I don't really like the fact my mocha pot is aluminium.

graywizard

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2013
I have used bodum presses daily for almost 30 years. Love it. Actually just bought another due to my old one is old and has gotten banged around accidentally a few times washing it out. Need a backup.
you can get one from amazon at times or from bodum for $30. 32 oz too i believe - the one I have is even larger now.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I just placed an order with 4 Noggins for three 250g bags of Samuel Gawith (Saint James, Medium Flake, Best Brown Flake) and wanted to order some Froggie Cellar, but Rich is out of stock -- no problem, I haven't tried the Froggie "On the Town," so I threw in a 100g can of that -- got me to the free shipping mark -- I win
Wishin I could get free shippin... lol

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I have been dying to get my hands on some Cellar from what people are saying about it. Was out of stock when I made an order of 4noggins over the weekend but was back in stock the next day (the universe is a b*tch like that) and is now sold out again. McClelland must have struck gold with this blend.
Makes you wonder if everyone else is thinking the same thing; "With all those little pieces of wood in the tins, what will happen when there's no more little pieces of wood?"
I plan to stock my cellar with as many tins as I can fit. I measured out a square foot of shelf space and I can fit in about 36 tins. That should do for a while once it's stocked lol.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I enjoy Cellar, although my favorite Frog is On The Bayou, but the tin smell strikes me as odd; it reminds me of the Godiva Chocolate Liquor that I had once (which, honestly, was darn tasty). I don't actually taste any whiskey either, but it's still a good, full smoke.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Oh man. I love this stuff. This is the only tin I've ever opened and smoked right through. I started to get concerned when I was 3/4 done with it and had to drive the 1.5 hr round trip to my B&M. Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.