PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Roth, where are you located? If you want I can pick some up at my B&M (if it's still in... selling like hotcakes) and I could send you a tin if you like. I'm headed there on Thursday.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I wanted to add a tin (50g or 100g I didn't care) to today's 4 Noggins order -- but they were out. I got Froggie On the Town -- something new to look forward to.
The On the Town is a great Latakia blend. It's in my Top 5 tobacco's right now. Good stuff. I picked up a tin of Cellar last week, but I haven't opened the tin yet.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Although I find myself leaning away from latakia prominant blends, I find the two Frog's I've tried to be very pleasant and everything is balanced out in the flavor department. Dunhill on the other hand is a strong punch of lat. I only smoke DH a couple times a week, but the frog I have at least one bowl a day

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I really love FMOTT. I am excited to try the other Frog Morton blends. Cellar is next on my list.

gisboro

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
My first tin of Cellar should be waiting for me when I get home on Monday, I am really looking forward to it.

kenoshakid

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2013
So my 100mg tin of FMC arrived about a week ago. At nighttime, after dinner, I decided to pop open the tin and load me up a nice bowl. I couldn't really see what I was doing in the darkness. After I took my first big toke I thought to myself: Man, is this stuff disgusting or what? It was truly foul. I remember thinking to myself, Those guys and gals on pipesmagazine.com are nuts! Only later that evening did I realize why it tasted so bad. Folks, I had been smoking a stave.
Once I figured that out, I tried it again, and FMC turned out to be a nice, mellow smoke with a distinct, pleasing flavor. Perhaps too mild for me to deem it an everyday smoke, I think I'll be able to make time for it, say, a few times per week.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
I've heard a lot about this.... Can't bring myself to pull the trigger though because if I hate it then I will be pretty bummed out. Whenever I smell the Latakia blends it "scares" me in a way. I don't have much of a tobacco budget, Maybe a $7 bag a month, so I always go with something I know I will enjoy.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Tried Frog Morton Cellar for the first time a couple of days ago and I can see why people speak highly of it. It is a very pleasant smoke that is very mild and enjoyable. I'm a fan of English blends and to me it is a very mild one. Everyone says it is a cross between an English and an Aromatic...I rarely find an Aromatic I enjoy but I like FMC. I didn't think it had much "flavoring" it tastes pretty much like a straight light English to me. Then again I only have smoked one bowl of it. I'll have to give it a few more tries to see if I can detect the whisky.

Status
Not open for further replies.