PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClumsyPlayfulCowrie-size_restricted.gif

The Omen...
Oh yeh, that's the one where a special needs kid has to constantly defend himself against religious fanatics.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"Jaws" for some reason caught and held my attention and emotions for its duration. I grew up around the water, the Great Lakes, and I was back from shipboard duty and a trans-Pacific crossing and months in the South China Sea, so a latex shark shouldn't have aroused much stress, but maybe it was pent up vigilance. I wasn't dreading sharks in my life around the ocean, and I saw a few. It was never determined, but probably a sailor who was out on the water near Midway Island dove off the boat and never re-surfaced, was hit by a tiger shark, of which there were plenty. Off Vietnam I saw a big old hammerhead in clear water glide under the minesweeper. An aside: I was born on Friday the Thirteenth, though not in November. People usually tell me that explains a lot. I tell myself it should confer immunity from that particular superstition. Knock on wood.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Jerry McGuire: I've seen puppet shows at the library with better acting and think of all those starving people who could have been fed with the money they used to make this film. Left me with an impending sense of doom.

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland: A rich, "talented," "quirky" film maker digs up Lewis Carroll only to murder him again while simultaneously torturing millions of moviegoers the world over with flashing lights and a sound mix that provides ear-bleeding screeches one minute and bowel-moving sub-audible murmuring the next.

Man, Tim Burton's post-2000 stuff is pretty dismal. Maybe he was never all that good, but I enjoyed a lot of his earlier stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.