PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I too love fresh coffee.

Currently roast on a hot air popcorn popper from Sweet Marias indoors-works great!
For bigger batches, a Quest M3 aslo from SM (actually, from their wholesale "sister" company--forgot the name).

Plunge pot and La Marzocco Mini for espresso and lungos & grinding on a Mahlkoenig K30.

I still keep an old lovely Braun burr grinder around for kicks!

kindly
mike

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I too love fresh coffee.

Currently roast on a hot air popcorn popper from Sweet Marias indoors-works great!
For bigger batches, a Quest M3 aslo from SM (actually, from their wholesale "sister" company--forgot the name).

Plunge pot and La Marzocco Mini for espresso and lungos & grinding on a Mahlkoenig K30.

I still keep an old lovely Braun burr grinder around for kicks!

kindly
mike
Nice setup! Are you already lusting for a Marzocco GS3 or Micro and Weber EG-?

Our local Costco has some wonderful beans. There are always a few good beans to choose from - Mayorga, Ruta Maya are the ones I liked.

But I switched over to. Keurig last October. Since then the coffee has always tasted a bit bitter and less flavorful. I use the Costco house blend K-Cups now or Starbucks (Dark Roast, Pike place blend), etc…

Jury is still out but based on the feedback from @Papamique , I am now brewing 8 oz (Instead of 10 oz) and dialed down the strength from 3 to 1. It seems to me it is now more flavorful

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Just put in a order to Burman Coffee (burmancoffee.com).

1677259341819.png

I've been a loyal SweetMarias.com customer for well over 10 years, but I finally decided to try something different for homeroasting. My motivation was a combination of a 10% discount for first time order, the fact that it is based right here in Wisconsin (I am 2 hours north of Madison, where Burman is located), and because my wife's aunt regularly buys from there and likes them.

Excited to try out the fresh beans for roasting! I got a combination of coffees that are good for lighter-roasted single origin and for blending to create medium roast espresso.

Anyone else have experience with Burman?

Reactions: Puff nstuff

Puff nstuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2021
Inland Southern California
I'm currently grinding a pair of roasts from my old friend Justin at Badbeard's Microroastery in Portland - half a blend of Indonesian coffees with half decaf Veracruz Altura. It's delicious. Ever since the doc told me to cut down on the caffeine intake, I've found it's not so easy to find good decaf beans that aren't dark roasted a la Starburnt's or Peet's. But Justin does decaf really well, and sources his beans from small family farms all over the world. Great coffees, great business that feels really good to support. ☕

GreatWhiteNorthPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Believe it or not, I find the Nabob Bold blends of coffee to be excellent. The price is right too. And with a morning pipe, a nice cup of Nabob is heaven on earth. Just my two cents.

Noiwiun

Lurker
Apr 1, 2023
Before, I couldn't live without coffee. But I haven't had any for a year now. I can't drink it. I even drank a little and then I had a kind of panic attack - it was hard to drive, I had no reason to be afraid. I used to prefer coffee beans.