PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Just a bump for the new guys as this is still going on. I received my sample a few months ago.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I put in for them and still never received. Oh well, did try some of their blends and only really likes Maple Street.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Sorry you didn't get it Duncan. I filled it out with three addresses and received all of them. It took a month or two though.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
just recieved e-mail from company, i dont c them as a sponser here so i wont mention the name, but they sending me free sample of "white Tail Aromatic" so now i gotta head off to tobac reviews an check it out, if anyone wants the name they can PM me an ill give em it

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
I filled out the survey Saturday and my sample arrived today! Tin of Sutliff Private Stock Molto Dolce. It is described as Burley, VA & Black Cav flavored with Vanilla, Caramel & Honey.It has a great smell in the tin but is VERY wet, more oily really. I tried drying it for 5 hours and it still seemed to damp. If I can get it dried out enough I will post on how it smokes/tastes. :puffy:

Jul 15, 2011
I got a free sample tin of their Balkan Luxury Blend 957(sp?) and did not care for the stuff at all. The Latakia smell in the tin was really funny and the taste was kind of off, almost lot. ike a rancid oily taste. I have read online that this blend is topped with one thing or another, and while I don't know that this is true, I do know that it is definitely not a blend that I will return to. I have, however, tried their Tobac Noir, which is a black cav blend that has a very mild taste and a good room note, and dries out pretty easily and stays lit pretty well to boot.

johnd

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2012
Thanks, Kevin!

I've smoked the Sutliff Old Vienna. It smoked well and had good flavor. I'll be interested to see what I get.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Some of you guys may know already but Sterling tobacco also offers free samples. I just sent them an email! Wonder what I will get?
http://www.sterlingtobaccoco.com/

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
buster

Jack will send you a email asking you to pick something or if you want aromatic or english

if you go to stirling tobacco for a free sample pick a blend from the list he really dont do random samples

and on the plus side samples are about 2 oz i bet

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
i filled out the servy for the free sample about 2 or 3 months ago and nothing yet
Ditto... 2 months and nuttin'!
edit: Just checked out Sterling. Will request sample tomorrow

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
i filled out the servy for the free sample about 2 or 3 months ago and nothing yet
Ditto... 2 months and nuttin'!
If you think that's bad, I'm going on 19 months...nothing.
I filled out the form again about 4 months ago, but I noticed it says multiple requests will be discarded. Either way, I've given up on them ever sending me a sample. They seem to be hit or miss about it. For a short period of time a bunch of people will get samples and then there is a dry spell.
Oh well. No big deal. :puffy:

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Ive been wating 3 months now. I have heard from serveral people that they signed up and never got anything. Sounds a bit odd to me but then again I am not the one running the company

Status
Not open for further replies.