PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Just emailed Sterling Tobacco. I like the suggestions section, but as they also suggest, I just went ahead and sent an email with examples of what I smoke (I decided to mention Apple and Sugar Barrel). Let's see what I get!

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
Got my email from Jack at Sterling today and he suggested and is sending me Sterling Honey Smoke based on my mention of Apple and Sugar Barrel. Looking forward to trying!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Well... Filled it out two months ago (see above), came in the mail today.
Thank you Altadis :worship:
Oh and it's Blend No. 5 ... Since I've had bad experiences with Lats, this is going in the cellar. It may pop up for trade sooner or later.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Rick, wanna trade ? I'll take a black Cav over a lat blend. Pm me if interested. I can ship out Saturday's only.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Altadis 3 days really? Ive talked to several guys in pipe clubs who have done this and it seems to be hit or miss some get it and some dont. Seems like they pick and chose who gets it i bet they use your address and do a search that reveals your income and ones with higher disposeable income get it.

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
What a co-inki-dink! Got my Altadis sample in the mail today! Same as Rick, Tabac Noir from Sutliff. Heres a review I found: http://stlouispipeclub.blogspot.com/2011/05/tabac-noir-tobacco-review.html
We'll see. I do like cavs so I'm hoping me likey!! :puffy:
Thanks Altadis!

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
Do I have to keep signing up every year? lol or just the once?

Yes, but you have to legally change your name and sell your house and buy a new one each year. Expensive yes, but hey, it's free tobacco, right?!

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Well to my surprise I did get something from them today a can of tabac noir. ill let ya know how it is if and when i smoke it

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
I puffed away on my Tabac Noir sample... 2 bowls back to back just about, in 2 different pipes. Moist, not sticky, larger cut, black cav. Very mild and VERY cool smoking. I puffed away trying to get a bite out of it but couldn't. Flavor is fruity, spicy, vanilla but nothing overpowering, really pleasant IMO. Smoked bowl 1 right to the bottom. Consistant to the end, not goopy, nice ash. On the second bowl I set the pipe down and walked away. Relit about 30 to 45 minutes later, not the best idea. Some tobacco is even better (or at least differently good if that makes sense) using DGT, but I don't think this will be one of those. Overall a very nice, mild, flavorful smoke with very pleasant room note. I will let them know I liked it and will probably buy more or something else from them in the future, as this was my first Sutliff.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
They must be handing out parkas in Hell right now. I came home this evening and went out to the mailbox and to my surprise, a large white envelope with what felt like a tuna can inside. Much to my surprise it turned out to be a tin from Altadis!
They sent me a tin of "Blend No.5" a nice smelling English blend. Haven't had the chance to smoke some yet though.
Either way, after almost 2 years and 2 requests, they finally sent me one! :D

ulteriorzaiak

Lurker
Feb 12, 2012
I just got my sample from Sterling! A pouch of Boston Whaler Aromatic and a pouch of 'Bargain Pipe Tobacco'. Just the scent of the tobacco in the pouch makes me excited to try it. :)
BB0A7B18-96E5-4F85-9C4E-DF4ADD53DAE9.JPG

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
@jaysin: You might be right about them going by disposable income. Since all of my income is disposed of, that would put me high on the list, right? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.