PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamont

Lurker
May 15, 2015
Great looking pipes I or any body would be proud to smoke a nice bowl of tobacco through.

taaser

Lurker
Jul 29, 2015
WoW this is an amazing idea and project.
I am new here and would love to be added to this list if at all possible. I currently only have a Cob and have a Kaywoodie on the way should be here next week. Wanted to try a Briar. Seems I may have jumped the gun and bought something i may not like too much from what I am reading. But we all have to start some where. I have tried Half and Half and Lane 1Q. Trying to experiment with as much as possible to find out what I really enjoy
Anyways if there is any room on your list it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Ok I have 3 pairs of pipes and some samples of tobacco to go out to some lucky fellows. I will contact you with details of how this works.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
mdrello, pipingnate and Navypipe23 check your messages. Just a word of advice to new guys. There are no stipulations on post count but they do help. If you joined a couple of months ago and only have 1-10 posts you go to the bottom of the list. I run this project to help new guys who are serious about the hobby but also to build community on Pipesmagazine. Also if you agree to accept a box, then you are accepting to post pics of what you get and you smoking them so that the donors can see their former pipes in action. Also it creates accountability that I am really doing with their pipes what I said I would do. That being said, I am still waiting on pics from some of you.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
It's a shame that people go above and beyond to help, and ask for a couple simple pictures in return and you can't even get that. What ever happened to respect and common courtesy?

lamont

Lurker
May 15, 2015
I do not understand why one would not post a pic of their new pipe and tobacco except trying to get a picture to upload to here. I know I had issues doing it once and have not done it since but, I would not hesitate to ask again so I could show of my ugly mug with a great new pipe.
Thanks,

Lamont

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
It happens. I have been accused in the past of asking too much about the photo posting. That by asking for something (pics) what we are doing here isn't really free. But I think the trade off is pretty good, considering I don't send junk, all the pipes are restored and ready to smoke and I send 5-10 different blends for each guy to try.

lamont

Lurker
May 15, 2015
If anyone needs to know how to post a picture got here for instructions. http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/instructions-for-posting-pictures.

Hopes this helps everyone out.

taaser

Lurker
Jul 29, 2015
I started this hobby recently but I already enjoy the hell out of it. I have always wanted to smoke a pipe but never knew where to go or what to get to get me started. I decided it was time to make that leap and go for it. So far its amazing. So glad i found this community to gain the experiance and knowledge of you vets.

macfeegle

Lurker
Jul 23, 2015
Wow, what a great community idea and shows how much people look after each other, just wish for my sake that this just wasn't US based and extended to the UK, wish the pipe community over her had something like this. Thanks to the organisers and good luck and good smokes to everyone who's had the benefit of this. Stay smoky ;)

jjm1

Might Stick Around
Sep 4, 2014
I received an awesome Nording and some tobacco from Dave. Look forward to posting a few pics in the coming days ahead.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I read through this thread. What a great idea! It's somewhat disappointing though that it seems like most of the people who got a package disappeared from the forum. Hopefully they're still in the hobby though. Still, this seems like a great project that has undoubtedly grown the hobby. Hats off to you guys! :puffy:

jjm1

Might Stick Around
Sep 4, 2014
sam_1006-600x450.jpg

This is the Nording that I received.

jjm1

Might Stick Around
Sep 4, 2014
sam_1007-600x450.jpg

This pic may give a better perspective. It is a great looking pipe, and looks to be in like new condition.

jjm1

Might Stick Around
Sep 4, 2014
sam_1011-600x450.jpg

I also received 3 tins of tobacco as seen in this pic. The McConnell Special London has a date written on it of 4/14 and the Escudo a date of 2/15. I am a little excited about this, hoping particularly with the McConnell that the aging will smooth it out more.
The tobacco and pipe package was a nice thing to receive. I live in China and it is not as easy to acquire pipe tobacco here, at least in the area that I live. I look forward to trying these out and gleaning from the board.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Awesome thanks for posting the pics! That pipe was donated by Sparrowhawk and the tobacco was also sent in. I don't remember by who though. I hope you enjoy those!

Status
Not open for further replies.