PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
Wow, nice!! Love the old dominion pipe, i hope you enjoy my friend.

dithreabhach

Lurker
Dec 11, 2016
Spent this afternoon reading right through this thread and I was struck by the open heartedness of the people on here. I can't think of many communities that would be so generous to people they'd never met and were unlikely ever to meet. The nearest I can get is the Ukulele group I'm involved with which sends Ukes to seriously ikl children in hospital around the world (it's wonderful to see the look of joy when the kids play their first tune).

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just got a huge box of tobacco in, donated by one of our members. This was much needed as my supply of tobacco to send out in care packages was running low. Here is a pic of the haul.

cabinfever

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2016
I am the lucky recipient of Dave's (shaintiques) kindness and generosity. Dave had read my thread from a couple weeks ago where I asked for pipe-related gift recommendations for my brother-in-law. BIL and me have smoked cigars together forever, but now that I discovered the pipe smoking hobby, I wanted to get my BIL "hooked" too.
Dave responded in spades. Not only did Davve gift my BIL with a beautiful pipe, but he a;gifted me with an amazing pipe as well. My pipe is a handmade Gasparini Roby. It is stamped with "1920 Briar." The bowl is large and has some heft. I love the craggy finish on both ends of the briar bowl.
The pipe Dave has provided for my BIL is a GBD 9648 "Supreme." I love the simple elegance of this pipe. I am tempted to keep this for myself. LOL!
If the pipes weren't enough, Dave sent along some Orlik Golden Sliced and CAO Black. Since it was almost 30º outside today, I just finished enjoying the CAO Black outside on the front porch in my new pipe. It was delicious and my wife loved the aroma.
Thanks, Dave! I plan to pass your generosity forward.
Gift%20Pipes_zps1zlrb5r9.jpg

66c16260-e344-443b-b45e-c4d416a605ce_zpsohso9frl.jpg

Pipe%202_zpsdwfwuluu.jpg

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I am in the rebuilding stage and have no pipes at the moment but do have my eye on a couple on ebay that look like they only need a little TLC. I lost my pipes which many were my dads, among other things, as a casualty of a divorce and life got in the way of rebuilding and getting back to my life. I am placing a small tobacco order this weekend, sort of the cart before the horse but I have never been logical. Before I lost everything, I was a 3 pipe a night with a final bowl usually accompanied by a finger or 2 of whisky and coffee. And a good book. This is a great project y'all gave going and one day I hope I can contribute.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Dave, I cannot thank you enough. Received your package this evening and took the Meerschaum along for my evening walk. What a nice dry smoke. I smoked about 1/2 bowl of Trout stream with no relighting required. Sipped this smoke for about a mile and the pipe never got more than barely warm. Nothing but a little ash left in the bowl. Now to figure out how to care for a Meerschaum. The other pipe stands on its on... Is it a poker? A. David, a Dane is the maker I think. I have yet to give it a try but it sure is pretty. And the samples are great. I have not submitted my order yet so this will better inform me. I have to get my tobacco taster back in shape. Been too long. But this first smoke was surely relaxing. Thank you for this awesome program.
Everything is sitting on EDC cotton flannel handkerchiefs my wife makes and is going to turn into pipe pouches for me. They were not in the box. I will send some to you Dave for the project when we finish hashing out the design.

PicsPlay_1487810009000.jpg

PicsPlay_1487810090354.jpg

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Hey Aquadoc, Im glad you got a box to get you going. The generosity of this forum is amazing.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
wow nice haul, enjoy it my friend, love the Meerschaum it looks awesome!!!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Got in some pipes last week for the project. First is this awesome Comoy from Jefff.

Also had these two donated.

And lastly Mike from Briarblues sent these as well as a bunch of baggies of tobacco and some matches. I'll be finding these homes soon. Anyone in need reach out to me. I think I've gotten boxes out to all the active members on my list, but if not let me know. 2 of these are spoken for but the rest need homes. Any new smokers in need. Post up what you have got and what you have tried and we will go from there.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Dave, I have 11 pipes and enough tobacco for now, there is a friend of mine however who wants to switch from cigarettes to pipes. I gifted him a new MM Country Gentleman and some pipe tobacco (almost in every genre, so he can try and find his own path). So any additional help from your side is appreciated. I advised him to join our forum, but he refused politely since he can't speak English at all. Let me know if there is any chance for him.

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
Hey guys, my name is Thomas. I recently started smoking a pipe on my 18th birthday. I have a cob, a Canadian, and a small poker. I am having trouble affording tobacco to test out and finding other pipes that I can afford. I thought I would put my name out since I read through the thread and saw how much the community helps out. Even if the community is unable to help out, I want to thank you all for what you have done already, this really is a great thread.

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
I just received this amazing set.

I expected there to be a pipe, but there were two and there were large bags of Autumn Evening and McClelland 5110 in there as well. The black one is going to serve lakelands, the brown, not sure yet.
Thank you very much!

jkFvDyk.jpg

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
cool looking pipes, the black one is very beautiful, enjoy the pipes and blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.