Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just got in these beauties from "smooth sailing". They are all very nice and just about ready to go back out. I will be looking to add to their number at the New Orleans pipe show, having sold off some of the rougher estates that I have received. Also sent a box over the sea to Andy Stewart so anyone in the UK who needs a pipe contact him.

macfeegle

Lurker
Jul 23, 2015
Just had a message from Andy Stewart asking for my address as he has a package for me from Shaintiques, he hasn't posted it yet but I'm already looking out for the postman. More excited than a kid at Christmas;)

Will post pics when parcel arrives.

porchsitter

Lurker
Oct 11, 2015
Wow. This project is amazing. While receiving charity is definitely not my style, I will gladly add my name for consideration. But only as a jump start until I have an opportunity to pay it forward at some point!
I have smoked my two Walgreens cobs non stop for a couple of weeks, drying them out at night with a fan so I can not miss a day . I have ordered a sampler from boswells and a couple from P&C. For me smoking a pipe has become therapy. I have had some circumstances in the past few years that has my mind constantly racing, always engaged. The pipes have helped me stop that pattern and slow down and relax. It is nice to sit down and understand that for the next short while I am in control, my experience will be what I make it. And there is so much to learn! I look forward to the day I realize I have obtained codger status!
I humbly ask to toss my name in the hat...

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
After a stressful very sick two weeks, finally getting over it. The even better news, my package from shaintiques arrived! Two unopened tins, one opened that seemed completely untouched, and another with very little missing, three bags of tobacco (H&H Latham Circle, H&H Hall of Fame, and Sutliff Golden Age), two amazing pipes (one grabow, one borkum riff), a pouch, and pipe cleaners. I suppose we can't forget the large piece of brown paper and the bubble wrap from the pipes that my 4 year old niece was so excited about. Unfortunately the pouch isn't in the pictures because she ran off with it and I had to go after her. Being sick, I only took a few photos as I smoked the pipes but will take more and of the pouch next time. This package couldn't have come at a better time and I am more than happy with it. It has to be around 12+ ounces...so plenty to try. Before he shipped I realized that I had 2 bristle cleaners left, he threw some of those in as well. I understand things are donated to him as well, so I would like to extend my gratitude to the donators! I'll get some more pictures of me when someone is around to take them...turns out a 4 year old can only do it when you don't want them to have your phone (need a better one anyways) :)
1016151132-00_zpsjx5myagg.jpg

1016151132-01_zpstlmrn5tg.jpg

1016151133-00_zpspcrp1pw0.jpg

1016151838-01_zpsfhwakfin.jpg

1016151856-00_zpsul9x5m3c.jpg

1016151926-00_zpsqj5h7q3l.jpg

Thanks again!

mdre0b

Lurker
Mar 16, 2015
I am glad to see this project is still going on. I enjoy the pipes I received very much. What a great group of people.

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
I would like to put my name in the hat if possible. Im still trying to build my palatte but at this point cant really afford to. I have a couple conveinece store pipes and one I made from a kit my wife bought me for fathers day.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Wanted to post up a pic of the generous donation of tobacco I got from the Scandinavian Tobacco Group at the New Orleans pipe show. When I told them about the project they offered up these tins and pouches for me to give out. Some of you have already received some of the spoils. Here is a pic.

Also converted to new guys to the pipe at pipe club last night. Each got a free pipe from the project. One got a Borkum Riff bent pipe donated by Smoothsailing and One got a churchwarden donated by Briar Blues. They both loved it. Here are a couple pics of them enjoying their pipes.

Lastly made a contact in need through my instagram account. Here is a pic of what he got from the project. He also got pipes from Smoothsailing and a very sweet Dunhill tobacco pouch from Briar Blues.

rfernand

Oct 2, 2015
Mailing tobacco to and from WA is illegal - but happy to meet and greet for pipers on need. Briarfolk in WA, ping me if you'd like to organize a complementary service to this fine program.

yroc

Lurker
Oct 22, 2015
I would like to be added to this. I used to have a cheap pipe however it has been lost during multiple moves. I enjoy smoking cigars how ever I find that I hardly finish them. Anything you can spare would be appreciated and cared for. Thank you.

nutcracker

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2015
I've been interested for a long time, but was just now able to get my first pipe. I picked up a used Nording Valhalla about 2 months ago now and started lurking here. I have tried Davidoff Red Mixture and H&H Classic Burley Kake, both of which were very enjoyable. I tried a bowl of a navy flake (unk make) and couldn't get it to work for me. My first bowl was of a "burley without bite" which bit the ever living goodness out me. I am quite sure it was all improper/noob mistakes with that first bowl. So far it has been much more enjoyable than the few cigars I have tried.
I would like to be added to the list, if at all possible. This is one of the greatest projects I have seen on any forum. Thank you for your time and work dedicated.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
I had just stated smoking about august, and I really love it, I live In Houston Texas, and its hard to find a reliable tobacconist, most of them seem like they don't want to help me with anything, I have 2 little ones my time and money is very limited when it comes to smoking , but when I do, I treasure the time I have smoking, I am currently smoke captain black royal, and I have a old mm corncob, if you can give me a hand with some good tobacco and a pipe i would be so very grateful

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
also any one from Houston texas know where I can buy decent pipe tobacco

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I've had plenty going on, so the pictures are a little late...but when I got my package I also received a Peterson roll up pouch. So here are the pictures of it. Also, the tobacco in the zip lock bags went into old tins as I smoke them and there was enough in each to fill a tin and then some. So, the tins next to it are what I put it in. Sorry my phone takes awful pictures as well :) Thanks again!
1016152033-01_zpsfp0wbrr9.jpg

1016152033-00_zpsixh98xe8.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys I have been swamped with work of late, but hope in the next couple of weeks to get some boxes out. If you have posted just be patient and watch your inbox for a pm. Also a very generous fellow just sent me 30 lbs of tobacco to give away so everyone will get some goodies. I have a big job I'm working on and when it is done I'm hoping to get some pipe work done.

Status
Not open for further replies.