PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
And often the wrong ones, the wrong strength, or the wrong combination like ones that put you to sleep and proceed to stop your heart. I'll never trust another doctor.

Medical doctors (or more often these days it's just a nurse practioner) have become little more than pharmaceutical salesman when it comes to chronic illness. And they have less and less independence, as they are often now employees of some hospital system and have to follow set protocols...or have their hands tied by the AMA on how they're allowed to use their independent judgement.

Patients aren't typically assessed as unique individuals. It's a one size fits all system that is owned and operated by the pharmaceutical industry for "managing" chronic illness rather than curing...no money in curing...plus a chronically ill population is easier to control than a healthy one.

The medical "providers" are indoctrinated into the pharma-based approach and have little training or knowledge regarding the role of malnutrition and toxicity in chronic disease.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Quit Everything Now! Instead of saving your life, you might kick it from the boredom.
This reminds me of a pickle my friend H.S. got involved with, when you are bored you will start paying attention to more mundane things, like taking an interest in what your children are doing and when this happens you will most likely be in for a letdown that will not alive your boredom.

Homer:
What are you kids doing?

Lisa, Bart:
Practicing tennis

Homer:
That's tennis? Then what's that sport where the chicks whale on each other?

Bart:
Foxy Boxing?

Homer:
[disappointedly] Yes. That's what I wanted. Oh.

Cracklin' Tobaccy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2024
Slaughterville, Oklahoma
Medical doctors (or more often these days it's just a nurse practioner) have become little more than pharmaceutical salesman when it comes to chronic illness. And they have less and less independence, as they are often now employees of some hospital system and have to follow set protocols...or have their hands tied by the AMA on how they're allowed to use their independent judgement.

Patients aren't typically assessed as unique individuals. It's a one size fits all system that is owned and operated by the pharmaceutical industry for "managing" chronic illness rather than curing...no money in curing...plus a chronically ill population is easier to control than a healthy one.

The medical "providers" are indoctrinated into the pharma-based approach and have little training or knowledge regarding the role of malnutrition and toxicity in chronic disease.
I fired all my 'doctors' 2 years ago. My health improved because I informed myself and took charge of my own health condition. Never be shy about telling your doctor NO. Removing pollutants and irritants from my diet was most of the key to my improvement.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

Found that out the hard way thirty years ago.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I think Alaska must attract well trained, knowledgeable doctors. Maybe it's the hunting and fishing. Our neighbor back when I was a youngster was a heart surgeon. He traveled to NYC every month to operate. He tolerated the travel and dislocation by driving the only Ferrari in Alaska. My heart cutter is from Chile, highly thought of throughout the NW US. He recently retired. At one time he raced cars in Southern California far a distraction from his high stress profession. His descriptions of driving Laguna Seca were mesmerizing. Don't know how my urologist ranks down in America but, I value him highly. He's young but personable and well trained.

I've never quite understood why people tolerate doctors they don't trust and simply do not like.

I should state I avoid using my VA benifits. I'm blessedly covered by a great medical plan from my days as a copper. So, I can pick and choose my medical pros.

Last edited:
Reactions: BingBong

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I think Alaska must attract well trained, knowledgeable doctors. Maybe it's the hunting and fishing. Our neighbor back when I was a youngster was a heart surgeon. He traveled to NYC every month to operate. He tolerated the travel and dislocation by driving the only Ferrari in Alaska. My heart cutter is from Chile, highly thought of throughout the NW US. He recently retired. At one time he raced cars in Southern California far a distraction from his high stress profession. His descriptions of driving Laguna Seca were mesmerizing. Don't know how my urologist ranks down in America but, I value him highly. He's young but personable and well trained.

I've never quite understood why people tolerate doctors they don't trust and simply do not like.
I've trusted on Dentist in my life, he's in SD, now im in FL if i need major work done i will plan it around an annual trip to see friends there and book my appointment with him months in advance. He's the guy that will give you a nerve block shot if you don't like the regular stuff, he act was the one that told me about them, when i was having a tooth ground down and the cap made he asked if i needed a break while the cap was being made on the lathe in the office, his exact words were "You have about 20 minutes, if you want to go out in the courtyard and have a smoke i'll send someone out to get you when it's ready". Thats when i smoked cigarettes but how can you not love that LOL

ClinchKnot

Lurker
Jul 3, 2023
Virginia
Are you in network for BCBS?

If the answer is yes: My wife says I have a hearing problem, but I hear most people perfectly well. What’s up, Doc? 🥕

Status
Not open for further replies.