PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
I finally caved and bought a tin of MB Bold Kentucky with my last TAD fit.
I hesitated to get this because I love ODF so much I would hate to like this one more knowing I have several lbs of ODF already cellared.
Well, I admit this Bold Kentucky is amazing in flavor for such a nicotine heavy blend.
That being said, as I got towards the last 1/4 of the bowl I noticed my stomach getting a little irritated and my ears were ringing (seriously weird to be honest). Had to let the pipe sit for a bit before I finished it.
That’s not a bad thing because I did really enjoy it, but I would say this is probably my limit on the strength I’d like a tobacco to have.
I find Irish Flake to be a bit weaker as I can finish a bowl of that no problem but afterwards I don’t feel the need light up for a while.
I’ll probably grab a few more tins of Bold Kentucky for the times we go to bourbon/cigar bars but this is def an occasional treat for me.
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization (please check Rule #9)

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I like a hard hitting nic session. My pipe club gave me an old, crispy tin of BK with 2 or 3 loads in it. It nailed me good when I took my time with it.
I'm on the verge of being defeated by this Brown Irish X right now.
jay-roger.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Glad you liked it, but am a bit jealous. I can't get nicotine hits from a pipe. :(

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I'm with you CE. I can smoke a pipe, dip Copenhagen and do nasal snuff all at the same time. I have a very high tolerance.
The only time I can get anything is, morning, empty stomach, very high nic blend. That can actually give me the spins, then I eat somthing and back to square one.

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
God, that scary. Nicotine rush and buzz is what i got when I do snus and I like it a lot :D

Aside from snus, no nicotine hit at all.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
The only time I can get anything is, morning, empty stomach, very high nic blend.
I have found that a 50/50 mix of Black Twist XX and ODF when I'm drinking helps mellow the buzz, but when sober it just tastes really good.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
The younger guys are going to think us forty somethings are all alcoholics. :rofl:

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
I have. I've chewed plugs, ropes, and twists for 30 years and think I've developed too high a tolerance.
Funny how body chemistry works.
I can put a huge pris of Odens Extra Strong in and don’t feel a thing. I can chains snus that stuff and no nic hit.
But certain pipe tobacco will sneak up on me if I’m not careful.
I’ve used snus and dip so long maybe I’m just immune to it I have no clue.
Same with nasal tobacco - I’ve never felt anything from it which is why I quit using it.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The tin of Bold Kentucky I had didn't really give me the spins. I did slow down a lot with it though and was a lot more conscience about being hydrated and having had a snack before having a bowl. I think I still have part of another tin jarred up in the cellar somewhere.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
They only person I've ever met, not from Wisconsin, that could run with the big boys, was from Kentucky.
Kentuckian through and through here brother! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.